2019-12-08 - Seoul
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 1
  1. Just reserved a hotel for Seoul, close enough to the venue, free cancellation just in case

I'm guessing it will be quite cold!
  2. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Just reserved a hotel for Seoul, close enough to the venue, free cancellation just in case

I'm guessing it will be quite cold!
    Which one is close to the venue? It's quite hard to find hotels on Google maps there at all..
  3. The closest places to the venue that I have found so far are The Daelim Residence and Hotel Cocomo both on hotels dotcom and other agencies. One metro stop away from venue and looks walkable.
  4. I don't know much about hotels in Seoul, but you can use Kakao Map or Naver Map instead. Those are what Koreans use every day.
    You can download the app on your phone and change language setting to English. If everything is in Korean, find '설정(=Settings)' or '언어 설정(Language Settings)' or just '언어(=Languages)'.
    If you can't find proper places near Gocheok (and I think you can't, because of its bad location), expand your search and look for somewhere near Subway Line 1.
  5. Originally posted by MarkPeterborough:The closest places to the venue that I have found so far are The Daelim Residence and Hotel Cocomo both on hotels dotcom and other agencies. One metro stop away from venue and looks walkable.
    Yeah I have booked The Daelim Residence. Seems close and proper
  6. Sometimes it's the day before. And for me it makes sense that concerts take place at saturday and sunday instead of sunday and monday. Especialy now it's the last date(s) on the tour. That's why i'm asking.
  7. Originally posted by MLily:I don't know much about hotels in Seoul, but you can use Kakao Map or Naver Map instead. Those are what Koreans use every day.
    You can download the app on your phone and change language setting to English. If everything is in Korean, find '설정(=Settings)' or '언어 설정(Language Settings)' or just '언어(=Languages)'.
    If you can't find proper places near Gocheok (and I think you can't, because of its bad location), expand your search and look for somewhere near Subway Line 1.
    I took a look at the subway lines. I booked a good deal at the Shila Stay Guro, next to subway line 2. It's in the Digital district of Guro.
  8. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    Sometimes it's the day before. And for me it makes sense that concerts take place at saturday and sunday instead of sunday and monday. Especialy now it's the last date(s) on the tour. That's why i'm asking.
    A possible second Seoul show will be after the first show. Main reason are logistics. Tokyo dates are 4 and 5 December. It's logistically impossible to dismantle the stage, transport it overseas to Korea and build it up all within 24 hours.
  9. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    Sometimes it's the day before. And for me it makes sense that concerts take place at saturday and sunday instead of sunday and monday. Especialy now it's the last date(s) on the tour. That's why i'm asking.
    There is always a 2 day break in between cities in recent years. The same will apply here.

4-5th December = Saitama show days
    6-7th December = Break/Travel days
    8th-9th December = Seoul show days