2019-12-01 - Singapore
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. idk if these have been posted but heres some pro-shot clips from 11-30.

2. Scratch that. The 1st one is pro-shot.
  3. Already as well.

4. Do we have attendance figures?
  5. I’m bias I will admit but in terms of attendance capabilities has Singapore now taken over japan as U2’s #1 Asian market? There’s no where else in Asia they could sell the kind of tickets they did in Singapore right? I don’t know the exact amount but the stadium looked very close to capacity both nights.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:I’m bias I will admit but in terms of attendance capabilities has Singapore now taken over japan as U2’s #1 Asian market? There’s no where else in Asia they could sell the kind of tickets they did in Singapore right? I don’t know the exact amount but the stadium looked very close to capacity both nights.
    The stage configuration for Singapore was unusual, as the stage orientation was rotated 90°. Greatly reducing the capacity of the venue (to about half it's maximum capacity in the seats I expect, if ALL seats are sold that is).

I guess management was unsure how this show would sell, so chose the smaller capacity configuration. Shot themselves in the foot I suppose, & had to put on the second show.

No idea what the capacity was for these shows. Or what the capacity would have been if they choose the normal, end-of-field stage configuration.

In saying that, they didn't choose the largest capacity configuration in Saitama either, as the seating was pushed forward, in arena mode.

Can't really comment on your main point though. As I haven't looked into any of the attendance figures.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:I’m bias I will admit but in terms of attendance capabilities has Singapore now taken over japan as U2’s #1 Asian market? There’s no where else in Asia they could sell the kind of tickets they did in Singapore right? I don’t know the exact amount but the stadium looked very close to capacity both nights.
    The one thing we are able to take away is that there is a lot of demand to see U2 live across Asia
  8. Yes I could not believe it before but I saw such a lot of local fans in Singapore and they were so excited and knew every song. I was so happy for them and it touched me how they acted to see their most loved band maybe for the first time in their life’s.
  9. Audio recordings from both nights just hit Dime.