2019-11-22 - Sydney
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. I have. But it's not what you think. They have multiple wireless guitar transmitter packs, so it changes frequencies from song to song whenever he changed guitar. Also, there's a number of songs and guitars that they keep hardwired.

But I do have some from 2011 I think, where it just sounds like basic plucking of guitar strings.

I've tried recording Adam's wireless bass before but again, changes frequences/channels on the regular as he switches basses.

Raw Bono wireless microphone on the other hand...have lots of those.
  2. So, were the IEM's seriously recorded or are you guys being sarcastic?
  3. General sarcasm in this case, but may have actually been recorded by other folks.
  4. Originally posted by hoserama:I have. But it's not what you think. They have multiple wireless guitar transmitter packs, so it changes frequencies from song to song whenever he changed guitar. Also, there's a number of songs and guitars that they keep hardwired.

But I do have some from 2011 I think, where it just sounds like basic plucking of guitar strings.

I've tried recording Adam's wireless bass before but again, changes frequences/channels on the regular as he switches basses.

Raw Bono wireless microphone on the other hand...have lots of those.
    I asked because it reminded me of this (hilarious) clip of Edge playing the Elevation riff without any effects.. And he gets a kickn out of it, haha

5. It's exactly like that.

It's a novelty at best though, from a listening and recording standpoint. Bono's raw wireless microphone has some real utility from a mixing standpoint. As does Adam's wireless bass, if it stayed on a consistent channel.
  6. And if we'd hear a whole show like that we'd probably get dissapointed in our guitar hero
  7. Well, given that Elevation clip above, yeah some guitar parts would not make any sense at all on their own, but that's not what Edge is about. The magic of The Edge is the way he uses all the effects and the delays to create a sound that is mesmerizing. That's unique and special on its own. That's why he is who he is.
  8. I just love that he gets a kick out of "his way" of doing it, the effects are part of his overall playing. There's this other fragment where he's really laughing at a demo of his WoWy ending guitar part, that's great as well
  9. Originally posted by melon51:I just love that he gets a kick out of "his way" of doing it, the effects are part of his overall playing. There's this other fragment where he's really laughing at a demo of his WoWy ending guitar part, that's great as well
    You mean this one?