2019-11-12 - Brisbane
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. One year ago today!
  2. Wasn't that Auckland 2? (which was pretty empty)
  3. DanielGowans still believes that this tour never actually happened.
  4. One of only two shows in Australia & New Zealand that I missed (the other being Adelaide). Would loved to have done them all but work and finances got in the way.
  5. Liked this city!
  6. I like the stick figure Joshua Tree stage.
  7. Yeah with the amount of tickets they sold they couldn't afford having the full-fledged tree, so they had a low-cost tree indeed.
  8. How can we dance when our earth is turning!
    How do we sleep while our beds are burning!

Bad snippet a hightlight for me. Thinking about the fires, as the rain falls outside now.

How the world has changed in a year!

Hope things improve soon. Though they're not bad here in Oz compared to elsewhere. On the U2 front I hope we are lucky enough to get some Zoo 2.0 shows next year
  9. Auckland 2 and Adelaide were both pretty poor sellers. Adelaide had 30,000 tickets sold (Rolling Stones sold 54,000 in the same venue in 2014, for a reference). Since Auckland #1 sold out, math suggests that Auckland 2 had roughly 30,000 in attendance as well, out of a capacity of roughly 40,000. But Auckland 1, Brisbane, Melbourne, Both Sydneys and Perth all performed well. However, Melbourne's demand was not strong enough for them to want to add a 2nd show, which they did at the same stadium in 2006 and 2010. So overall not terrible, but their popularity has slipped down under somewhat. Pretty sure all the Asian shows sold out, but in the case of Tokyo, Seoul and Manila, they were in indoor venues that are somewhere between arena and stadium size.

Interesting to note that Adelaide on Zoo TV sold so poorly that promotors toyed with the idea of cancelling the show. Also the first Sydney show (the one that Adam missed) also was not sold out. Christchurch Zoo TV was a ghost town, and Auckland was at a larger stadium than Mt. Smart, but also didn't sell very well. And we all know that Popmart was a disaster down there as well, wasn't even worth the trip.

Man, I miss having shows to dissect, setlists to complain about, and attendance figures to chew on. As Bono said on HMTMKMKM Mexico City, "FUUUUUUUUCK THIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!"
  10. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Man, I miss having shows to dissect, setlists to complain about, and attendance figures to chew on. As Bono said on HMTMKMKM Mexico City, "FUUUUUUUUCK THIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!"