2018-06-09 - Uniondale
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1

1. Thanks Matt!! Now use your connections to get this to the band!!!!!
  2. Yeah for me the setlist is 70% ok , 30% wasted on average songs that can be improved both musically and thematically. I think the band are taking some stale advice and the whole set up could do with a shake up. They've surrounded themselves for decades with the same team which is admirable in one way but the danger is they get too complacent and stale
  3. Before the tour started, I was excited about the possibility of a full band electric Desire.
    Now that they waste half of the song with lame band introductions and it's still half-arsed as always post 1993, I'm like "Is it over yet?"
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Before the tour started, I was excited about the possibility of a full band electric Desire.
    Now that they waste half of the song with lame band introductions and it's still half-arsed as always post 1993, I'm like "Is it over yet?"
    My biggest letdown of the night for sure. I couldn’t wait fir it to end
  5. Originally posted by Timk68:Yeah for me the setlist is 70% ok , 30% wasted on average songs that can be improved both musically and thematically. I think the band are taking some stale advice and the whole set up could do with a shake up. They've surrounded themselves for decades with the same team which is admirable in one way but the danger is they get too complacent and stale
    Musically yes... That is arguable based on personal taste I guess but thematicslly it's great...

.... and you can't be slagging off Willie and Joe surely... Their live shows have been enormously innovative, leading the way and setting the standard for decades. I haven't seen E+I yet but the run from 360 to I+E to JT30 to now has neen amazing. .
  6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Before the tour started, I was excited about the possibility of a full band electric Desire.
    Yeah, this feels more like
    Bonologue / Desire (snippet) / Speech (snippet)
    He could save us the second speech during the bridge. The first intro is enough
  7. Bonologue
  8. So the set was
    Love is all we have left
    The blackout
    Lights of home
    I will follow
    The electric co
    Beautiful day
    The ocean
    Iris
    Ceaderwood road
    Sunday Bloody Sunday (bathroom break version)
    Until the end of the world
    Elevation
    Vertigo
    Desire
    Acrobat
    Your the best thing about me (snooze version)
    Staring at the sun
    Pride
    Get out of your own way
    American Soul
    City of blinding lights
    One
    Love is bigger than anything in its way

Thats 13 out of 24 songs that were played back in 2015 (basically 22 if you even count the ocean and LIAWHL) so like 60% of the setlist is a repeat idk who’s giving them advice but whoever it is is wrong
  9. Originally posted by POPmart07:So the set was
    Love is all we have left
    The blackout
    Lights of home
    I will follow
    The electric co
    Beautiful day
    The ocean
    Iris
    Ceaderwood road
    Sunday Bloody Sunday (bathroom break version)
    Until the end of the world
    Elevation
    Vertigo
    Desire
    Acrobat
    Your the best thing about me (snooze version)
    Staring at the sun
    Pride
    Get out of your own way
    American Soul
    City of blinding lights
    One
    Love is bigger than anything in its way

Thats 13 out of 24 songs that were played back in 2015 (basically 22 if you even count the ocean and LIAWHL) so like 60% of the setlist is a repeat idk who’s giving them advice but whoever it is is wrong
    It’s not really any different from the formula the band have always followed when it comes to a new tour. Plenty of new songs and a few songs brought back that haven’t been played in a while, or never at all in the case of acrobat, and a good few songs that get played at almost every tour. The I&E tour was also a relatively short tour and connected to the current tour so repeating a few of the songs makes sense to me even more so than in the past where things like the stage and theme of the show may have completely changed but still a lot of the same songs show up.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It’s not really any different from the formula the band have always followed when it comes to a new tour. Plenty of new songs and a few songs brought back that haven’t been played in a while, or never at all in the case of acrobat, and a good few songs that get played at almost every tour. The I&E tour was also a relatively short tour and connected to the current tour so repeating a few of the songs makes sense to me even more so than in the past where things like the stage and theme of the show may have completely changed but still a lot of the same songs show up.
    These last years I became more of a "glass half-empty" guy when it comes to U2 -sorry about that, I'll try to fix that-, but never in my wildest, trolling dreams I'd imagine they will bring back this snooze-fest version of SBS, same visuals, same movements on stage, etc. 3 years and 2 tours afterward. Songs are dropped, part of the narrative or not, but they are still playing this.
    I will not complain about the setlists, but that is just too much (or too little) for me.
  11. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    These last years I became more of a "glass half-empty" guy when it comes to U2 -sorry about that, I'll try to fix that-, but never in my wildest, trolling dreams I'd imagine they will bring back this snooze-fest version of SBS, same visuals, same movements on stage, etc. 3 years and 2 tours afterward. Songs are dropped, part of the narrative or not, but they are still playing this.
    I will not complain about the setlists, but that is just too much (or too little) for me.
    That's where I'm at. Well said.