1. i want to know what are some of the differences between some single versions of songs compared to the album versions... the only major ones that i know of are original of the species and who's gonna ride your wild horses...

is the single version any better of who's gonna ride...???

plus... what are some of the best single B-sides going around???
  2. For the Pop releases, U2 returned to the studio to re-record the underdeveloped songs to make them sound closer to how they performed them live. Also, other songs were shortened (like the cutting of the chatter out of the beginning of Desire), mixed differently (Miracle Drug had a special "single" mix where the sound was turned up significantly, Angel of Harlem had the horns turned up as well), or just flat-out remixed like Original of the Species, All Because of You, or Who's Gonna Ride.

In some instances, the songs that were remixed were secondary singles, like the Temple Bar mix of WGRYWH. A less-produced version of the single had the studio version of the song.

The re-recorded songs for Pop are almost always better-sounding than the originals, but Last Night On Earth's single mix and Please's single mix stand out as superior quality material.

As far as B-sides, some of the best ones are the ones that get the least amount of talk. The orchestral mix (the name of which escapes me) of Stay (Faraway, So Close!) is phenomenal, as is the completely ignored Summer Rain from the ATYCLB-era singles. The CD-single for One has two of the best songs that U2 never put on an LP, Lady With the Spinning Head and a cover of Lou Reed's Satellite of Love.
  3. Originally posted by TheCowboyFor the Pop releases, U2 returned to the studio to re-record the underdeveloped songs to make them sound closer to how they performed them live. Also, other songs were shortened (like the cutting of the chatter out of the beginning of Desire), mixed differently (Miracle Drug had a special "single" mix where the sound was turned up significantly, Angel of Harlem had the horns turned up as well), or just flat-out remixed like Original of the Species, All Because of You, or Who's Gonna Ride.

In some instances, the songs that were remixed were secondary singles, like the Temple Bar mix of WGRYWH. A less-produced version of the single had the studio version of the song.

The re-recorded songs for Pop are almost always better-sounding than the originals, but Last Night On Earth's single mix and Please's single mix stand out as superior quality material.

As far as B-sides, some of the best ones are the ones that get the least amount of talk. The orchestral mix (the name of which escapes me) of Stay (Faraway, So Close!) is phenomenal, as is the completely ignored Summer Rain from the ATYCLB-era singles. The CD-single for One has two of the best songs that U2 never put on an LP, Lady With the Spinning Head and a cover of Lou Reed's Satellite of Love.

totally agree ith you on that man, plus if you remember the name of that Orchestral Stay, be sure to give me a ring about it
  4. People forget, the subtle difference in the Streets single.

Edge Vocals!!!!!

5. what about walk on??? what major differencs are there???
  6. Originally posted by colbourne25what about walk on??? what major differencs are there???

it finishes in Hallelujah (Hallelujah Mix)
  7. Originally posted by Macphistfly[..]

it finishes in Hallelujah (Hallelujah Mix)

is that the single mix??? radio edit??? or is it just a rarity????

if its not the single or radio edit where can i find it??? or can someone post it???
  8. Originally posted by colbourne25[..]

is that the single mix??? radio edit??? or is it just a rarity????

if its not the single or radio edit where can i find it??? or can someone post it???

it was on the single
  9. Originally posted by Macphistfly[..]

it was on the single

cheers mate!!!
  10. Originally posted by colbourne25[..]

cheers mate!!!

No Problem, you can get it off of Itunes, and spiral staircases webblog
  11. Originally posted by MacphistflyPeople forget, the subtle difference in the Streets single.

Edge Vocals!!!!!

i can't hear the edge's vocals on the new mix... is it the U218 new mix of it???
  12. No, its the single mix you need to get, but its a bugger to get hold of