1. Land lady is much worse. I have to skip past that song when it comes on and depending on my mood the same goes for the showman, But i liked the live rehearsal version of it better.
  2. Can't stop listening to this song on the Apollo boot. Amazing how much this song improved live.
  3. American Soul the only song on the album that I have become less interested in over time. After hearing Get Out Of Your Own way and Best Thing live, I began to listen to them more on the album, but not American Soul.

Is it just me, or is it mixed poorly when they play it live?
  4. personally, i may be in minority, but this was a personal highlight for me live
    song was rocking and everyone around me seemed to enjoy it
  5. Originally posted by Larlar:personally, i may be in minority, but this was a personal highlight for me live
    A highlight for me as well. But the blackout was the one that blew my mind
  6. Originally posted by Larlar:personally, i may be in minority, but this was a personal highlight for me live
    Not the highlight but definately one of them. I think it was one of the most well received of the new songs by the audience.
  7. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    Not the highlight but definately one of them. I think it was one of the most well received of the new songs by the audience.
    Do you think it was because of the big American flag displayed there, or the actual song?
  8. The song without a doubt. It is way better live in person. I could barely see the flag as I was side main stage.
  9. Almost 5 years in, I can finally assure American Soul is the most embarrasing chapter of U2's story for me.