1. That snippet is amazing. Although it could have been sung better, it sounded a little off to me in some way.

2. Good video of it
  3. Has live aid been mentioned yet?
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    That snippet is amazing. Although it could have been sung better, it sounded a little off to me in some way.
    @Remy,

I'm using this new mastering software (Ozone) and as a test ran the '17 Rome IEM through it. I pushed the drums forward, gave Bono extra Db's and applied a Rock EQ setting over it.

Think the result pulls all the best bit forward, and it has some of that "tightness" of the older favourites (and I have many).

I'd like to share it with you or just post it here, but I don't know how Paulo Vetri (who did the multicam/IEM video) would feel about it..
  5. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    @Remy,

I'm using this new mastering software (Ozone) and as a test ran the '17 Rome IEM through it. I pushed the drums forward, gave Bono extra Db's and applied a Rock EQ setting over it.

Think the result pulls all the best bit forward, and it has some of that "tightness" of the older favourites (and I have many).

I'd like to share it with you or just post it here, but I don't know how Paulo Vetri (who did the multicam/IEM video) would feel about it..
    Paolo Vetri? He doesn't record anything, he only uses audio and video of others. The IEM he uses is a Xavel Silver and I guess can be manipulated in anyway so feel free to post
  6. Brisbane is fantastic
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Paolo Vetri? He doesn't record anything, he only uses audio and video of others. The IEM he uses is a Xavel Silver and I guess can be manipulated in anyway so feel free to post
    Ok here it is then...

It's primarily a Bono and Larry push, as they sat low/flat in the mix. Edge is a bit more forward but not necessarily louder, and Adam comes forward natuarally. Be warned, it's all maxed out, so not very subtle

I do love this Rome performance, goosebumps...
  8. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Ok here it is then...

It's primarily a Bono and Larry push, as they sat low/flat in the mix. Edge is a bit more forward but not necessarily louder, and Adam comes forward natuarally. Be warned, it's all maxed out, so not very subtle

[YouTube Video]

I do love this Rome performance, goosebumps...
    Did you rip this from YouTube? Lol
  9. Yeah, ripped it of YT, did a quick 15 min of resetting master levels in Ozone and the result is the one I just posted.

The remixes I'm trying are much more time consuming though. That involves a lot of cutting songs apart, tempo/pitch matching and then the rest..

Yesterday I tried to get Chris Martin to sing the first 50 second opening on Miracle Drug, and tbh it sounds great.. But to do the whole song is another story..
  10. Compression of compression, compressed again!