1. Nah, I think they like it to much to end it already.
  2. Well in Willie Williams's interview from July is quite the opposite of what Alan Cross is saying.

“They’ve got the Experience album and we’re going to tour that next year,” he says quickly. “There’s a plan going forward, and then they’re talking about the record after that and the tour after that. Seriously, it’s like the priesthood – you can never really retire.”
  3. Well that's good, but another album and tour might only take them to 2020. That's wishful thinking considering this band (another album and tour fitting in between now and then haha), but who knows.
  4. Lyrics-wise, has anyone firgured out why he is walking away?!
    Considnering that the song is about Ali, and not their musical career - this line doesn't make sense to me...
  5. Originally posted by Ali709:Lyrics-wise, has anyone firgured out why he is walking away?!
    Considnering that the song is about Ali, and not their musical career - this line doesn't make sense to me...
    Could even just be like, walking away to go out and be Bono every day. It would go along with the rest of the lyrics we've heard. The song is as much about Bono's faults as it is Ali being the best thing about him.
  6. I know I'm the grandma here, but let me say I miss the good ol'days when on the day of release I could just walk into any music store and buy the cd, then on the way home grow excited until finally I put the cd in the player... and had this special first time listening experience.
    *wipes away a drama tear of nostalgia*

7. Originally posted by MacStripey:I know I'm the grandma here, but let me say I miss the good ol'days when on the day of release I could just walk into any music store and buy the cd, then on the way home grow excited until finally I put the cd in the player... and had this special first time listening experience.

You can still do it! We'll all have just heard it already
  8. Originally posted by MacStripey:I know I'm the grandma here, but let me say I miss the good ol'days when on the day of release I could just walk into any music store and buy the cd, then on the way home grow excited until finally I put the cd in the player... and had this special first time listening experience.

I'm 19 and I wish I could buy a 7 inch single of a new U2 song.
  9. I can't see them stepping down just yet but I may be wrong of course .
    I do doubt through they will sign another demanding contract with live nation or whoever and instead will probably be a bit less productive .
  10. Originally posted by MacStripey:I know I'm the grandma here, but let me say I miss the good ol'days when on the day of release I could just walk into any music store and buy the cd, then on the way home grow excited until finally I put the cd in the player... and had this special first time listening experience.

CD? If you're the grandma, I must be the great grandpa! I remember first recording the single off the radio to my tape recorder (through the speakers, no less!) Then buying the 45 of the single and then going back a month later to buy the LP!

11. If you had one of these, you are totally old school.
  12. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    CD? If you're the grandma, I must be the great grandpa! I remember first recording the single off the radio to my tape recorder (through the speakers, no less!) Then buying the 45 of the single and then going back a month later to buy the LP!
    Glory days!!! The number of times I had my fingers hovering over Play/record, shouting at Dave Fanning to shut up... Except for The Fly- Ian Dempsey got the 'World Exclusive' for that.