1. It's very interesting !

Sorry for that question, but what the difference with the falsetto, studio version of With Or Without You, Running To Stand Still, Night And Day or Mothers of Disappeared ?
    And with the "Ooooh Oooooh" of Bulet the Blue Sky and Bad ?

Excuse me for my poor English, I'm french
  2. @ 2:23 here is my favorite moment from any live version of With or Without You ever performed. This happened to be at the "Rock's Hottest Ticket" concert from Rosemont, IL 1987, which my father was also at!

I have never heard Bono take that line up the octave like he does here.
  3. Originally posted by MattG:@ 2:23 here is my favorite moment from any live version of With or Without You ever performed. This happened to be at the "Rock's Hottest Ticket" concert from Rosemont, IL 1987, which my father was also at!

[YouTube Video]

I have never heard Bono take that line up the octave like he does here.
    Thanks for that tip!
    If you like that, you might like this 1:25:47
  4. Similar note, let's check this moment of (what I believe was accidental) magic - I believe Bono's voice cracks and he recovers into a sweeping re-imagination of the line he's singing. I could listen to it over and over, verse starting at 2:36

5. Originally posted by UVII:It's very interesting !

Sorry for that question, but what the difference with the falsetto, studio version of With Or Without You, Running To Stand Still, Night And Day or Mothers of Disappeared ?
    And with the "Ooooh Oooooh" of Bulet the Blue Sky and Bad ?

Excuse me for my poor English, I'm french
    It is, right!?

These:

Are all E or below: Mothers of Disappeared, Bad, With Or Without You, Running To Stand Still

Bullet (studio and live) is an F

Night and day is G#, so definitely another league

Btw,

WOWY 87 - highest bit is F#
  6. Originally posted by MattG:Similar note, let's check this moment of (what I believe was accidental) magic - I believe Bono's voice cracks and he recovers into a sweeping re-imagination of the line he's singing. I could listen to it over and over, verse starting at 2:36

[YouTube Video]
    This an EPIC example of him being a great gambler

His normal voice is going, he quickly remember sthe falsetto had been gone for a while.. And then he takes the chance, and it works out great!
  7. Originally posted by MattG:Similar note, let's check this moment of (what I believe was accidental) magic - I believe Bono's voice cracks and he recovers into a sweeping re-imagination of the line he's singing. I could listen to it over and over, verse starting at 2:36

[YouTube Video]
    Then you might like what he does in 33:55 in the video below, but start from 33:26
  8. Now while that's a particularly high note... it sounds like the "old falsetto" he had from 90-95, also called the Fat Lady
  9. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    It is, right!?

These:

Are all E or below: Mothers of Disappeared, Bad, With Or Without You, Running To Stand Still

Bullet (studio and live) is an F

Night and day is G#, so definitely another league

Btw,

WOWY 87 - highest bit is F#
    Super !

Thanks you so much