1. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    I guess we're doing both here on the forum. Posting the audio fragments and then talk about it a little? Much better than just talking yes

Of course!
  2. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Haha, I know you did.. That scream, screech, whatever it's called in MW was F, Fis, or in between. The sick puppy demo schreech is between G and Ab though, so a full note higher.. Happy to help you out in the continuous search for the highest note he's ever sung, or... schreeched for that matter

Cheers!

From memory I would say it is Can't Help Falling in Love live or solo studio. Possibly 🍋.

3. I think I mentioned Wire yesterday in the Bad thread - to my knowledge that's Bono's highest chest voice to date - he hits a D5 on the "COOOLD". It could be argued that it's half falsetto half scream though.
  4. My gosh, so much great stuff going on in this thread and so little time to check it all out THanks a lot @peterrrrr and @melon51, keep it up!!!
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:My gosh, so much great stuff going on in this thread and so little time to check it all out THanks a lot @peterrrrr and @melon51, keep it up!!!
    Thanks!
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I think I mentioned Wire yesterday in the Bad thread - to my knowledge that's Bono's highest chest voice to date - he hits a D5 on the "COOOLD". It could be argued that it's half falsetto half scream though.
    That wad discussed alot on an interference thread many years ago, I see if I can find it
  7. I just want to say this thread is absolute FIRE and you guys are sharing some amazing stuff. Cracking back open the U2 fandom in a big way today.
  8. Originally posted by MattG:I just want to say this thread is absolute FIRE and you guys are sharing some amazing stuff. Cracking back open the U2 fandom in a big way today.
    I KNOW RIGHT?!
  9. I suspected that as well.. Checked the live and studio version yesterday, and the highest bit topped an E key. So ears can be deceptive as well, I experienced
  10. Checked Wire just now..

If you mean the bit that starts around 1:25-30.. There's 4 "Cooold" shouts/screams in a row there. From what I can hear/check:

Only the 1st is full voice, but impressive - C#

Second is falsetto/screech - G#
    Third is falsetto/screech - E
    Fourth is falsetto/screech - E
  11. So that would tie Wire (for now) with the Sick Puppy demo for highest falsetto, or falsetto based scream.

Oh and by the way... I used both G# and Ab as keys to describe, but they are the same note, for the non-musicians here G# is a half step above G, whereas Ab means a half step down from A... Will look up the correct definition, haha