1. I'm gonna listen to that whole version in a minute! But I agree, that might be (among) the highest he's ever done. Note at 21:50 is an E and evry shortly F
  2. So for the others you just posted (feel like an auto-responding jukebox )

- Horses is B but open voice, no falsetto (great vocal though)

Rest is Falsetto:
    - End of streets 89 was F
    - Vertigo is Eb (nice try though from Bono)
    - Magnificent (ove that version!) is F (!)

But suprise... He hits the same high F note on "Sleep Like a Baby Tonight"..so yeah, there you go
  3. So I'm gonna check a few others in this search.. I'm trying to remember his falsetto highlights, but so far highest i could find is Night and Day, that's an F#
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    The video doesn't start at that part but it's easy enough to find

14:05.

That's fucking phenomenal TAKE ME HIGHEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a roar. And you'd think he would back off after seeing how crazy that note was, and go back to falsetto, right? Well, no! THere he is with the second round of Take me higher's
    Oooh babe
  5. Wait.. I just clumsily realized that my guitar is in standard tuning, so was trying to calculate back and forth between flat (what U2 live does and I sometimes with my guitar). So gonna look over the former keys quickly, last one of Tacoma is correct
  6. Originally posted by melon51:So for the others you just posted (feel like an auto-responding jukebox )

- Horses is B but open voice, no falsetto (great vocal though)

Rest is Falsetto:
    - End of streets 89 was F
    - Vertigo is Eb (nice try though from Bono)
    - Magnificent (ove that version!) is F (!)

But suprise... He hits the same high F note on "Sleep Like a Baby Tonight"..so yeah, there you go

ooop, sorry. Wasent meant that you're where going to analyze them
    It was tips to all in the forum
    Very kind of you to analyze them
    Sorry for not being clear, hope it didnt take to much of your time
    I know the difference between falsetto and head voice

I have previous said that the Vertigo falsetto was an E5 and If Im right Eb is E5?
  7. No haha, doesn't matter at all. Your enthusiasm inspired me to check some of those notes out. Just forgot my guitar was in regular tuning (changes sometimes ) So the ears heard it right, but the mind wasn't calculatint right, haha
  8. So here’s corrected list:

End of streets 89 was F#
    Horses was actually a high C (open voice)

Rest is Falsetto:

Vertigo is E (and actually a strange open voice/falsetto hybrid)
    Magnificent (ove that version!) is F# (!)

Other ones were right, so guessing the C# open-voice he did with EBTTRT in 92 joins a select group of Popmart (?) appearances. Have to check a few of those operatic escapades though, there were some surprising notes in there.
  9. Oh, and sorry, that would make Night and Day still on top of properly sung (falsetto) vocals with a G5

10. Haha, nice. I got something right... I went a bit nervous there because I always have told other fans that the Hawaii version had a C
    Thanks!

Originally posted by melon51:
    Other ones were right, so guessing the C# open-voice he did with EBTTRT in 92 joins a select group of Popmart (?) appearances. Have to check a few of those operatic escapades though, there were some surprising notes in there.

Never heard the EBTTRT before, nice one.
    He did sing it in open-voice at the opening night at ZooTV in Feb 92, but not like that.