1. I just thought you might be interested in this.

I'm thinking of sharing the mkv file in a file-sharing site. Is that acceptable under this forum rules? The original is 720p.

Cheers,

J
  2. Sure, feel free to share the MKV
  3. I'd love to see the MKV. I not to deal with YouTube rips where i can personally. Nothing against the OP. Just an OCD thing.
  4. Yeah...I would not call this a soundboard recording. Assuming the audio is from the Xavel iem/aud mix?
  5. Errr empress valley, sorry.
  6. I'd consider an IEM a soundboard because the soundboard feeds the IEM. It is a mix though and the info file had this:

Empress Valley Supreme Disk (sic)
    Matrix of unknown IEM and phofstee's Schoeps MKV audience recording

Cheers,

J
  7. Disagree significantly but we'll just be arguing semantics.

Personally, I would just indicate that it is a mix between Bono + Edge IEM recordings and the AUD. Tells you everything you need to know without potentially misleading somebody into thinking its a true soundboard/line feed.
  8. Originally posted by jick:[..]
    I'd consider an IEM a soundboard because the soundboard feeds the IEM. It is a mix though and the info file had this:

Empress Valley Supreme Disk (sic)
    Matrix of unknown IEM and phofstee's Schoeps MKV audience recording

Cheers,

J
    On that basis an audience recording is also a soundboard as it's the soundboard that feeds the PA.

I miss proper soundboards.
  9. I know.

By that basis, I can now go around and brag about how I'm a soundboard taper, and have hundreds of unreleased U2 soundboards.

I think that should bolster my pick-up game at the bar.
  10. Originally posted by hoserama:I know.

By that basis, I can now go around and brag about how I'm a soundboard taper, and have hundreds of unreleased U2 soundboards.

Thank you all for the feedback. I changed the description in the YouTube link of the full show to eliminate "soundboard" in the description.

As for the individually uploaded tracks, it would be too cumbersome to edit them individually. It did say "soundboard IEM" but not soundboard independently. So I guess for future descriptions people can say "soundboard PA system"!

I am humbled and stand corrected at all of your attention to detail. Those may sound minor but they are all very very important, so I did correct it. Sorry for any inconvenience or misrepresentation I may have caused!

Cheers,

J
  11. Originally posted by hoserama:I know.

You mean I recorded 15 soundboards yesterday and am about to record 12 for Gallagher once he gets on stage today? Great