2017-06-09 - Manchester
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 0
  1. I remember watching it in states but may have been a rebroadcast after the fest was over, not sure if it was live?
  2. It was live on the BBC, yes.

The BBC streams basically the whole of Glastonbury online though.
  3. Glastonbury is always streamed in the UK but I think BBC will stream it regardless of what the band says.
  4. I don't think the Glastonbury organisers get final say. If u2 had insisted on them not showing coverage they would have accepted. It took them a while to negotiate with the Rolling Stones to agreeing to show only 1 hour of a 1 and a half hour setlist. Originally they only agreed to 4 songs. Looks like u2 are digging there heals in this time.
  5. Disappointing U2 isn't allowing streaming, over the past few years McCartney streamed an hour of his set and Billy Joel did the entire thing.
  6. There have been times over the years when Glastonbury sets - or parts of sets - have not been broadcast or broadcast later. Sometimes it's the BBC and sometimes it's the bands. I suspect that U2 are out on a bit of a limb with this appearance and probably don't want any adverse publicity in the event of it going down badly with an 'away' crowd (by which I mean potentially non-U2 audience.). I also think it will be bootlegged massively and should be on u2.com at the very least.
  7. Periscope it is then .
  8. Vertigo definitely .
  9. Well unless they've done some work behind closed doors , they are a safe band now , not so much risk takers