1. Originally posted by ZOOTVTOURist:[..]
    [image]
    And before Amsterdam night #1, there was this little chat with Edge. So we tried everything possible, but the band had obviously decided not to play it on E&i for the reason mentioned ... But please, also note: When it had been played on various occasions during the 2017 TOUR as the gig closer in the US and Europe (sadly not in Berlin and Amsterdam), not everybody was that enthusiastic abou the song. Often it was reported as being a "Downer". And what we've known for ages from the band: When U2 think, that a song does not work live, it gets scratched from the setlist. This may be another reason, why the band decided for the One/Love is bigger/13 slow/balladesque/hymn ending in 2018 as the final chapter of their staged show concept. Just a theory, but worth reflecting, I guess.
    So: When someone tells you, not a single fan requested this gem to be played live (again) in 2018, this is not only a rumour. Or a myth. It is simply wrong. And that's a fact.
    While I was one to unfortunately miss Little Things live on i/e, but when I reflect on the e/i show's ending, I think 13 wrapped up the show (as well as the concept) much better than Little Things could have... (not saying one song is necessarily better than the other) just from a standpoint of getting to a cohesive ending point for the show...
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    While I was one to unfortunately miss Little Things live on i/e, but when I reflect on the e/i show's ending, I think 13 wrapped up the show (as well as the concept) much better than Little Things could have... (not saying one song is necessarily better than the other) just from a standpoint of getting to a cohesive ending point for the show...
    I thought they were both very good closers but I go back to a point I made a while ago that they could have just played both for E&I , little things coming in after COBL to end the main set and 13 closing the show. I agree 13 seemed the fitting closer for the E&I shows.
  3. Originally posted by ZOOTVTOURist:[..]
    [image]
    And before Amsterdam night #1, there was this little chat with Edge. So we tried everything possible, but the band had obviously decided not to play it on E&i for the reason mentioned ... But please, also note: When it had been played on various occasions during the 2017 TOUR as the gig closer in the US and Europe (sadly not in Berlin and Amsterdam), not everybody was that enthusiastic abou the song. Often it was reported as being a "Downer". And what we've known for ages from the band: When U2 think, that a song does not work live, it gets scratched from the setlist. This may be another reason, why the band decided for the One/Love is bigger/13 slow/balladesque/hymn ending in 2018 as the final chapter of their staged show concept. Just a theory, but worth reflecting, I guess.
    So: When someone tells you, not a single fan requested this gem to be played live (again) in 2018, this is not only a rumour. Or a myth. It is simply wrong. And that's a fact.
    Haha, amazing photo. What did Edge say? Was it his classic "yeah, maybe tonight" or was it a straight "no!"?
  4. "Sometimes I can't believe my existence
    See myself from a distance
    I can't get back inside
    Sometimes the air is so anxious
    All my thoughts are so reckless
    And all of my innocence has died
    Sometimes I wake at four in the morning
    When all the darkness is swarming
    And it covers me in fear
    Sometimes, sometimes, sometimes
    Sometimes I'm full of anger and grieving
    So far away from believing
    That any song will reappear
    Sometimes the end is not coming
    It's not coming
    The end is here"

What a dark and beautiful song.
  5. I don't really care for the "reimagined" version, but the original one is definitely something. I don't know what it is, sometimes I'll listen to the song and feel like it's just a good, proper U2 - sounding tune with nothing unexpected, but there are times when it blows me away and overpowers me and suddenly every lyric Bono sings just hits hard in a way that completely overwhelms me. If only they'd played that as the encore opener or closer in 2018, it would've been something else.
  6. Originally posted by SJKamal:"Sometimes I can't believe my existence
    See myself from a distance
    I can't get back inside
    Sometimes the air is so anxious
    All my thoughts are so reckless
    And all of my innocence has died
    Sometimes I wake at four in the morning
    When all the darkness is swarming
    And it covers me in fear
    Sometimes, sometimes, sometimes
    Sometimes I'm full of anger and grieving
    So far away from believing
    That any song will reappear
    Sometimes the end is not coming
    It's not coming
    The end is here"

What a dark and beautiful song.
    Love every line of this magnificent song !!
  7. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:I don't really care for the "reimagined" version, but the original one is definitely something. I don't know what it is, sometimes I'll listen to the song and feel like it's just a good, proper U2 - sounding tune with nothing unexpected, but there are times when it blows me away and overpowers me and suddenly every lyric Bono sings just hits hard in a way that completely overwhelms me. If only they'd played that as the encore opener or closer in 2018, it would've been something else.
    This....... This is why it's one of my favorite post 2000 song along with Mercy.
  8. Well so do i !
    This SOS version doesn’t do Justice to the original,in my opinion
    But I love it btw
  9. a true U2 modern day classic
  10. I think I prefer this demo version over the album-- it's less of a 'prayer' (or plead???), and more of a rocker.

Good stuff.
  11. I agree, I can’t stop playing it!
  12. One of the best the band released.