When the painted glass shatters
    And you're the only thing that matters
    But I can see through the tears
    Sometimes
    The end isn't coming
    It’s not coming
    The end is here
    Sometimes
  2. I loved it! I can't wait to hear it in person. This is great song to come in at the end of the show.
  3. anybody think it looks like bono is sad at the end?
  4. Yes it does deserve its own topic!

Like I said in the Vancouver show topic, the ending lyrics make me wonder if they're thinking about winding down their career. I don't know, though. Just my first instinct when I see the lyrics.

I think it's a great song. Sounds a bit Mercy-ish to me, which is a good thing.

Think it works great as a show closer, too, which feels weird to say about a new song/the only new song in the set/one that hasn't been released yet...but it just really works for me there.
  5. I said it when I heard the rehearsal that if SOE sounds as good as this track then we really could have our best album since achtung baby and I definitely stand by that, I think it's one of the best songs they've done in many years.
  6. Great song, bittersweet feelings with it. Is this the first hint at their breakup? All good things come to an end, I sure hope not though
  7. Posted this in the Vancouver thread but maybe this is a better place for it?

The new song sounds pretty good, but am I the only one that's a little nervous about them debuting it live? I'm afraid that if the song doesn't get the reaction they're hoping for they might lose confidence in it and go back to the drawing board yet again and push the album back even further.

I know everyone here is stoked to hear new stuff, but in general, people prefer to hear songs they already know at live shows so they can sing along and stuff. The chances of a new song getting an overwhelming reaction when played mostly for people who have never heard it are never great. Especially in this setting (a stadium tour for the 30th anniversary of one of there most revered albums), there's going to be a pretty big portion of casual fans in attendance that aren't going to care about hearing a new song. And the crowd was clearly way more into the main set than the last couple songs. But that's just the nature of doing something like this. That doesn't mean it's not a good song.

I don't know, it just seems like U2 get spooked easily if they don't think something they do is going to be the biggest thing in the world and it makes them take forever in finishing their records. And I sometimes feel like they're almost looking for any reason to start retooling stuff again.
  8. Originally posted by I_LIKE_U2:I don't know, it just seems like U2 get spooked easily if they don't think something they do is going to be the biggest thing in the world and it makes them take forever in finishing their records. And I sometimes feel like they're almost looking for any reason to start retooling stuff again.

Like how we never actually got a proper release of the song Mercy, despite it being bloody incredible...

...and never got North Star or Glastonbury (although Glastonbury did make it into, what, Volcano and Lucifer's Hands?)...
  9. The second half : Those are some damn hard lyrics to listen to as a U2 fan ...
  10. yes a lot of us have the same thoughts it seems like. one thing we know for sure is they will defiantly tour S.O.E , perhaps then S.O.A swell
  11. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    yes a lot of us have the same thoughts it seems like. one thing we know for sure is they will defiantly tour S.O.E , perhaps then S.O.A swell
    aswell*