1. I don't necessarily want a AB30 Tour. Obviously it'd be cool, and I'd certainly go, but I'd just prefer the band to continue making new material and touring behind original ideas. I wasn't a big fan of them the the Joshua Tree in 2017. The whole thing just seemed like a blatant money grab to me. I saw the tour twice, and while it was good to see those Side 2 tracks live (seriously, I never imagined I'd see U2 play RHMT or Exit), it seemed rather uninspired to me. I much preferred the shows I saw in 2015-18.

However, money/numbers talk, and the Joshua Tree was good for that. The E+I tour would never have been able to fill stadiums in places like Louisville, Kansas City, Buffalo, Indianapolis, etc. My fear is that they learned that nostalgia sells, and that might be the reason we get a AB 30 Tour. While AB doesn't quite have the lore and legacy that JT does, a ZooTV 2.0 type of AB experience would still pack the stadiums.

The 2017 Tour really soaked up all the demand in the US for U2. That's why I was surprised to see them come back in 2018, honestly. I can't believe there were upper/rear sections curtained off at some of the US shows last year, including the 2nd show in Chicago that I attended. SERIOUSLY!?!? They couldn't fill 2 nights in fucking CHICAGO?!!! My opinion is that U2 need to stay away from the US for a few years, which I'm sure is the plan. Release a new album in 2021, and come back in 2022. I'd prefer that over AB30/Zoo2. We shall see...
  2. There's a lot of stuff in the pipeline at the moment - JT30 DVD is overdue, e+i DVD in progress, subscriber gift to be fully unveiled and (remaining optimistic) Australasia tour dates. Would be nice to get something concrete on any of them soon.
  3. Just another example of our once amazing band falling asleep at the wheel! Is it this idiot Guy? Like honestly !!

Rediculous realeasing TOUR DVDs for the above proposals that have been mentioned for two reasons a) why would u release a TOUR DVD of basically the same show ( uh hum supposedly touring a continent why pay to see it next crushed in humidity amongst a throng of 40k sweaty smelly armpits all around when u could download it and let rip in the airconditioned and dare I say better acousticly sounding living room ) before ur due to tour that continent? Even if held back and not an official release in the up coming continents touring plans there is still “HELLO the INTERNET” which will enable those who are 50/50 about attending a concert to opting to download it, and b) a release two , three years after the event ? Come on that’s more out of touch than a wireless radio in this easy accessible at our fingertips instant world we live in. Did someone say BEYONCE?! That’s how u do it, releasing and dropping shit online with min fanfare and totally unexpectedly for your long suffering fans !!

Whoever is pulling the strings behind the scenes is doing catastrophic damage to U2s REP / IMAGE / PROMOTION !

For the record i would obviously choose concert over dvd but plenty wouldn’t and they are hemorriging fans buy the thousands in this part of the world !
  4. Originally posted by podiumboy:I don't necessarily want a AB30 Tour. Obviously it'd be cool, and I'd certainly go, but I'd just prefer the band to continue making new material and touring behind original ideas. I wasn't a big fan of them the the Joshua Tree in 2017. The whole thing just seemed like a blatant money grab to me. I saw the tour twice, and while it was good to see those Side 2 tracks live (seriously, I never imagined I'd see U2 play RHMT or Exit), it seemed rather uninspired to me. I much preferred the shows I saw in 2015-18.

However, money/numbers talk, and the Joshua Tree was good for that. The E+I tour would never have been able to fill stadiums in places like Louisville, Kansas City, Buffalo, Indianapolis, etc. My fear is that they learned that nostalgia sells, and that might be the reason we get a AB 30 Tour. While AB doesn't quite have the lore and legacy that JT does, a ZooTV 2.0 type of AB experience would still pack the stadiums.

The 2017 Tour really soaked up all the demand in the US for U2. That's why I was surprised to see them come back in 2018, honestly. I can't believe there were upper/rear sections curtained off at some of the US shows last year, including the 2nd show in Chicago that I attended. SERIOUSLY!?!? They couldn't fill 2 nights in fucking CHICAGO?!!! My opinion is that U2 need to stay away from the US for a few years, which I'm sure is the plan. Release a new album in 2021, and come back in 2022. I'd prefer that over AB30/Zoo2. We shall see...
    + 1
  5. The ‘urban myth , the legend that is “ this TOUR! The gift that keeps giving !
  6. I hope that they don't release something like to last released by Coldplay, only in DVD and not in Blu-Ray. After this delay, I would like some 4K.
  7. Originally posted by podiumboy:I don't necessarily want a AB30 Tour. Obviously it'd be cool, and I'd certainly go, but I'd just prefer the band to continue making new material and touring behind original ideas. I wasn't a big fan of them the the Joshua Tree in 2017. The whole thing just seemed like a blatant money grab to me. I saw the tour twice, and while it was good to see those Side 2 tracks live (seriously, I never imagined I'd see U2 play RHMT or Exit), it seemed rather uninspired to me. I much preferred the shows I saw in 2015-18.

Yeah, but U2 really don’t need the money, so I don’t think they’d do it for that reason.

I think the rumours of them doing the JT tour to fulfill contractual obligations are probably on the mark. That, or they really did think the album was suddenly very relevant again and they felt the need to play it.

I felt stupid typing that - I really can’t explain - as a hardcore U2 fan mind you - why they did that tour. I LOVED seeing it, but it went against everything they are.
  8. No stop I like US shows and they should come back thank you very much! Sure not every seat was filled for the JT shows but all 3 I went to (and are being referenced) were basically filled up and electric shows. So yeah please come back I didn’t get 40 years to see these guys.
  9. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:There's a lot of stuff in the pipeline at the moment - JT30 DVD is overdue, e+i DVD in progress, subscriber gift to be fully unveiled and (remaining optimistic) Australasia tour dates. Would be nice to get something concrete on any of them soon.
    A Pipeline with a hundreds kinks in it, it seems, pathetic marketing!
  10. The JT30 tour was a nice day out.

It was a fan pleaser and won't go down as a classic tour, but it was nice to see the rarer songs played for us dedicated fans.

The only thing that came out of that tour with any real respect was the already legendary versions of Exit - man, that live version was immense and had it all.

I attended 2 shows and had a pleasant enough time and enjoyed myself, but it didn't wow me.

The 'delay' in the JT30 film's release is abysmal as youtube can have fan made multi-angle concerts up within months if not weeks.

U2 are not relevant any longer but nor are Springsteen, The Stones, Paul McCartney etc, but they all still have a place in our hearts so stop worrying about the dollar bill and whether anyone likes your new music because the majority - besides the die-hards - won't.

Be true to the U2 legend and not true to a contractual obligation.

The uncoolest kid in the school is the one who tries too hard to be the coolest kid in the school.
  11. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:The JT30 tour was a nice day out.

It was a fan pleaser and won't go down as a classic tour, but it was nice to see the rarer songs played for us dedicated fans.

The only thing that came out of that tour with any real respect was the already legendary versions of Exit - man, that live version was immense and had it all.

I attended 2 shows and had a pleasant enough time and enjoyed myself, but it didn't wow me.

The 'delay' in the JT30 film's release is abysmal as youtube can have fan made multi-angle concerts up within months if not weeks.

U2 are not relevant any longer but nor are Springsteen, The Stones, Paul McCartney etc, but they all still have a place in our hearts so stop worrying about the dollar bill and whether anyone likes your new music because the majority - besides the die-hards - won't.

Be true to the U2 legend and not true to a contractual obligation.

The uncoolest kid in the school is the one who tries too hard to be the coolest kid in the school.
    I'm on board with this. Admittedly, I had a really good time at the JT30 show I attended but nostalgia certainly played a big factor - as did the perfect amount of Budweiser (I think that was the cheap beer they were selling that night).
  12. So now we need to wait for the Australian leg to finish???