1. Originally posted by thefly108:[..]
    A horrible thought
    Cohen was an incredible poet and is a terrible and tragic loss. He'll be missed, but what he said about his wife was beautiful: "if you stretch out your hand, I think you can reach mine"
    Not exactly his wife... Marianne was his first muse during the mid 60s, but they never married nor were engaged. They parted different ways at the end of the 60s but were always connected somehow, and Leonard still loved her in a way after all these years - which tells a lot about them both!
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Not exactly his wife... Marianne was his first muse during the mid 60s, but they never married nor were engaged. They parted different ways at the end of the 60s but were always connected somehow, and Leonard still loved her in a way after all these years - which tells a lot about them both!
    It does indeed. I actually think I knew they weren't in a married relationship, but his words to her were still poetic and moving.

On that note, I was at an event tonight, and there was live music. Hallelujah was the first song being played when I got there. It was a great version; piano-driven.