1. in the wake of the dreamforce show and seeing that the version of bullet performed there is now 2nd(?) in the list of greatest ever performances of that song, would it be possible to make voting on recent shows possible only after a week or a few days to let the hype and excitement cool down before a performance is voted on?
  2. Hmm, that might be an idea to improve the quality yes. Thanks for the suggestion!
  3. That's why the best TUF performance is listed as Barcelona 360. A lot of hype in 2009, but really?
  4. Originally posted by dylbagz:in the wake of the dreamforce show and seeing that the version of bullet performed there is now 2nd(?) in the list of greatest ever performances of that song, would it be possible to make voting on recent shows possible only after a week or a few days to let the hype and excitement cool down before a performance is voted on?
    +1
  5. Originally posted by dylbagz:in the wake of the dreamforce show and seeing that the version of bullet performed there is now 2nd(?) in the list of greatest ever performances of that song, would it be possible to make voting on recent shows possible only after a week or a few days to let the hype and excitement cool down before a performance is voted on?
    +1
  6. +3
  7. It's a good idea, but this votes don't depends only by the hype... you guys, are right about some of this cases (TUF at Barcelona 360 for example), but as we were discussing in another topic... in other cases people can vote in another kind of hype like the sound quality in old bootlegs or most famous shows (Love is Blindness in Dublin 93, Exit in Rosemont and Denver, like Sergio mentioned in other topic)... but anyway, it's an idea well-grounded for some cases
  8. Originally posted by fleavox:It's a good idea, but this votes don't depends only by the hype... you guys, are right about some of this cases (TUF at Barcelona 360 for example), but as we were discussing in another topic... in other cases people can vote in another kind of hype like the sound quality in old bootlegs or most famous shows (Love is Blindness in Dublin 93, Exit in Rosemont and Denver, like Sergio mentioned in other topic)... but anyway, it's an idea well-grounded for some cases
    Good point, and even if we wait, say 2 weeks, people will still vote for a song that is creating buzz at that time. Imagine how many votes Discotheque would get for a half-assed attempt at the next tour.
    My opinion is to not rely on those votes for a "best performance" criteria. They can be a good guide if you're starting listening to bootlegs, but it's more fun to make your own "best performance" list.
  9. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Good point, and even if we wait, say 2 weeks, people will still vote for a song that is creating buzz at that time. Imagine how many votes Discotheque would get for a half-assed attempt at the next tour.
    My opinion is to not rely on those votes for a "best performance" criteria. They can be a good guide if you're starting listening to bootlegs, but it's more fun to make your own "best performance" list.
    +1
  10. I found a performance of the electric co that I regard quite highly, but I've already submitted best performance tickets for five songs from that show so I'm maxed out. I don't know why but it bothers me that I can't vote for it
  11. Originally posted by dylbagz:I found a performance of the electric co that I regard quite highly, but I've already submitted best performance tickets for five songs from that show so I'm maxed out. I don't know why but it bothers me that I can't vote for it
    That is a limit implemented to prevent people from marking the whole of "their show" as the best performances for every song on the playlist. If we didn't have that, Glasgow 2015 would have 26 "outstanding performances".
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    That is a limit implemented to prevent people from marking the whole of "their show" as the best performances for every song on the playlist. If we didn't have that, Glasgow 2015 would have 26 "outstanding performances".