2016-10-05 - Daly City
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 15
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I don't know either if The Best Thing is the new single or not. But the only explanation that makes sense for these 2 gigs is that they wanted to show at least one new song to start the SOE promo.

Even if SOE got delayed and the plan went to the trash can, maybe they still see these shows as rehearsals for a possible setlist of the new leg. Maybe they want to return to a full-powered Desire early in the set.

Completely agree that these 2 gigs, and the third i think jut got announced, would be great if they had a single.
    I still think we get a single before end of year. Steve Lillywhite is mixing it hopefully as we speak for god sake. And they did attempt to practice them so they have to have a couple they are ready to play.
  2. This is next week...
  3. Of very little interest to me. Still don't understand these two gigs.

4. I feel the urge to repeat myself...... sorry about that.

prediction by the way:

Desire (trump version)
    Vertigo
    Elevation
    Beautiful Day
    stuck in a moment
    Pride
    One
    EBW (lame acoustic version)
    Still haven't found

so apart from EBW (play the thing full band for G's sake!) nothing from the last three (3!) albums!
    U2's already a Greatest Hits band....
  5. Well, the IHeart gig was nothing spectacular setlist-wise - but the performance was very good. One, Elevation, and ISHF sounded much more awake than usual and Desire was simply astounding. EBW was the only song that underwhelming, because Bono blew his voice out enough for it to really impact that song. I guess the plan to play new stuff didn't work out and honestly I'd rather hear the band confident with new material than messing it up.

Honestly, I'm just glad to see them onstage and I wasn't surprised at all with the setlist (except, of course, Desire). It was a good performance for what it was and the Dreamforce thing, if nothing else, has a longer slot for performing. I'm about 50/50 on a new song, but if the performance is at least as good as IHeart I'll be happy.
  6. i really don't like when u2 are in such commercial shows, they rocks and rules ,they must surprise like exhibitions on tracks or roofs, IMO
  7. Irish billionaires playing for big business and telling us who to vote for. I love Bono and U2 but his "America is an idea" is so cheesy, seeing him yell it at a corporate event would add an extra layer of hilarity to it.
  8. They have been always political. Deal with it. In the 90's they called French president Miterrand a wanker and everyone loved them.
  9. What if they'll do something like the Hollywood Bowl? Just Edge and Bono