2015-10-13 - Antwerp
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 27
Audio recordings: 3
  1. Belgium, so secretly, I'm hoping for some sort of Walter van Beirendonck - tribute.
    Something from POP at last......
    Anything!
  2. I just said to Remy I'm afraid there won't be anything special as they don't have a strong connection with Belgium...
    On the other hand, they did play "We love you" on the Elevation tour and wanted to play Boy falls from the sky during 360...
  3. ...and Adam once produced a real microseism in Belgium...
  4. Originally posted by BelgianBono:I just said to Remy I'm afraid there won't be anything special as they don't have a strong connection with Belgium...
    On the other hand, they did play "We love you" on the Elevation tour and wanted to play Boy falls from the sky during 360...
    Maybe no strong connection with Antwerp, but Belgium (and especially Werchter) was an important place in the early days? And don't forget ofcourse the stage design (and lot of the stage crew) came from Belgium during some tours. So I wouldn't say they don't have a strong connection with our country
    Last tour we got the leg-premier of Bad, and also one of the only performances of Mercy and Angels of Harlem that tour. Atmosphere during both shows was really amazing, especially during the second show. So I really hope they do something special. Discotheque on the E-stage as a tribute to Walter Van Beirendonck, would be great!
  5. Oh, these shows will also be the biggest shows this tour. Since the renovations a few years ago, "Sportpaleis" in Antwerp has a capacity of 23 350 people for "in the round" concerts, so the venue is even bigger than O2 in London or MSG in New York. Be also aware that GA-floor in Antwerp is always very "packed" during soldout concerts and the floor is also bigger compared with other venues, so not every GA-spot will guarantee the same good spots as usual this tour.
  6. Originally posted by Lobmans:Oh, these shows will also be the biggest shows this tour. Since the renovations a few years ago, "Sportpaleis" in Antwerp has a capacity of 23 350 people for "in the round" concerts, so the venue is even bigger than O2 in London or MSG in New York. Be also aware that GA-floor in Antwerp is always very "packed" during soldout concerts and the floor is also bigger compared with other venues, so not every GA-spot will guarantee the same good spots as usual this tour.
    Thanks for the info! Good to know.
  7. Going to both concerts, but I don't expect many surprises.
    Been to 6 U2-concerts in total, never had "All I Want Is You"
    Won't say no to "Bad" either, a version like in Amsterdam 4 would be great.

Hope they make a u22-version of this tour, with bad from Amsterdam4
  8. Originally posted by BelgianBono:I just said to Remy I'm afraid there won't be anything special as they don't have a strong connection with Belgium...
    Not very true, Bono does have a photo of Werchter in his living room it seems, remember, the 360 stages were build in Werchter !
  9. I meant a musical/spiritual connection.
    Like in their hometown (Dublin); the first European country that adored them (Netherlands); their musical rebirth (Berlin); their first American base (Boston);...
    Okay most of their stages and installations were built here, but do they care?
    Fair point about Werchter though. They should come back once.
  10. is it soon already? time flies (still in a different world from Amsterdam and Berlin)
  11. Does someone knows how late the doors going to open and how late the concerts starting?

eticket says 19:30
  12. Concert start around 20:15. Could be sooner, but probably later.