1. Originally posted by hoserama:RickU2 is referring to the infamous Samples' thread on U2Torrents. Bunch of folks tossed up samples, some unnamed, of various cool tidbits in our closet. That reworked Mofo 2005 clip was one I tossed up, and then somebody threw it on YT, so now it pops up here once a year.
    Yup, that's where that Drowning Man snippet came from. There was some great samples that popped up. I think another highlight was a IEM of Crumbs that was sampled.
  2. Originally posted by hoserama:RickU2 is referring to the infamous Samples' thread on U2Torrents. Bunch of folks tossed up samples, some unnamed, of various cool tidbits in our closet. That reworked Mofo 2005 clip was one I tossed up, and then somebody threw it on YT, so now it pops up here once a year.

not only the samples thread, the whole site got infected by it. And now it's slowly starting to pop up here because u2t is pretty much dead and some people still need their shot of attention. Sorry to be a bit rude, but I think it's something u2start should be warned for. Of course there's nothing wrong with sharing short samples that have some worth on it's own, but there is big difference between plain teasing and wanting to share something with fellow u2 fans.
  3. I actually don't disagree with you!

In any case, I think BlueRoom was talking about a sck/rehearsal list of recordings that were commonly traded, as opposed to stuff that's exclusively in his closet (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). So it could be a helpful addition to a reference guide.

But I do get your point if I were to list all the sck/rehearsals that I've taped but do not plan to share, and why you consider that unkosher.
  4. RickU2, did you read what I said? Clearly not. But I'm done. I'm not wasting my time when someone is going to get their panties in a wad over a list of audience recording soundchecks from 20 years ago! Have a nice day.
  5. Originally posted by hoserama:I actually don't disagree with you!

In any case, I think BlueRoom was talking about a sck/rehearsal list of recordings that were commonly traded, as opposed to stuff that's exclusively in his closet (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). So it could be a helpful addition to a reference guide.

But I do get your point if I were to list all the sck/rehearsals that I've taped but do not plan to share, and why you consider that unkosher.
    that last part is exactly what was going to happen with CPTwister alias BlueRoom.
  6. Originally posted by hoserama:I actually don't disagree with you!

That is exactly what I said! I'm not putting out any lists of my "personal" stuff that has never seen the light of day. Not happening and I will never divulge that info. In fact in the "infamous" samples thread someone wanted to start a list of recordings. I said then I would never put out a list of my stuff.
    The internet stinks sometimes. If people would read the context of what was said (IE regarding 1997 and 1992 soundchecks specifically) they wouldn't feel a need to be pre-offended by something.
  7. NO, it was not. Rick can you read??
    Also, I'm not trying to hide under an alias. I do not go by Blue Room on U2torrents because when I joined someone had already taken the username. Not everything is some huge conspiracy. LOL
  8. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

not only the samples thread, the whole site got infected by it. And now it's slowly starting to pop up here because u2t is pretty much dead and some people still need their shot of attention. Sorry to be a bit rude, but I think it's something u2start should be warned for. Of course there's nothing wrong with sharing short samples that have some worth on it's own, but there is big difference between plain teasing and wanting to share something with fellow u2 fans.
    Maybe I should create an alias and put a sample of a recording and act like it is mine when its not and I don't have permission from the taper to put it out there. Looking for attention? I mearly commented on a list someone already made. Some people find it interesting. But thanks for your ridiculous "warning".
  9. I'm not saying you were hiding. If you were hiding you probably wouldn't have used the same profile pic. Anyway, knowing the CPTwister from u2torrents and your initial comment "Most of it is on tape in a box in my basement and I'm not planning to dig it out and convert from tape to audio file" is more than enough for me to have some serious doubts about that lists were going to show up with. If you were only talking about recordings that are already circulating that whole sentence (that I quoted above) doesn't make sense at all.
  10. Originally posted by Ricku2:I'm not saying you were hiding. If you were hiding you probably wouldn't have used the same profile pic. Anyway, knowing the CPTwister from u2torrents and your initial comment "Most of it is on tape in a box in my basement and I'm not planning to dig it out and convert from tape to audio file" is more than enough for me to have some serious doubts about that lists were going to show up with. If you were only talking about recordings that are already circulating that whole sentence (that I quoted above) doesn't make sense at all.
    Because the recordings that are in a boxes in storage are all on cassette tape from old time trading days and are ALL audience recordings (Hell, I have bootleg vinyl LP's also in storage). Everything else is digital at this point or has been converted to digital and I have on hard drives.
    I'm still going to do the list if Like A Song wants me too. If not, Its not a huge deal, like you made it out to be!
  11. Good times
  12. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    Because the recordings that are in a boxes in storage are all on cassette tape from old time trading days and are ALL audience recordings (Hell, I have bootleg vinyl LP's also in storage). Everything else is digital at this point or has been converted to digital and I have on hard drives.
    I'm still going to do the list if Like A Song wants me too. If not, Its not a huge deal, like you made it out to be!
    yeah, go ahead. I think the point of the whole thing was to have a list with all circulating soundchecks and in the end maybe even adding it to the shows section with download links. As long as that's the goal I think every addition is welcome.