1. I don't really agree with that opinion about Bono's voice... I think since I&E he is restraining it. Look at Every Breaking Wave, Bad and October which were put a semitone down during the tour. He could sing them, why did they put them down? Plus, I haven't heard about a night where he had real difficulties with his voice (except Berlin, but that's the only case), and when he sang "Heroes" in Bad in 2017 he was easily hitting the high notes. Sure, the voice is not the same as 360 (which was the absolute peak, I never heard his voice so clear as in 2009-2011), but I think he still has the power to belt out the difficult songs... he's just holding back his voice and for me this is the biggest Bono's mystery right now
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    In terms of vocal power he was miles above Vertigo tour and light years above Elevation and Popmart tours. He effortlessly belted out notes he wouldn't normally reach in the 15 previous years. On the other hand, sadly he started developing some of the fixations and mannerisms that have gone worse in recent years (like singing slightly off-tempo/rhythm, singing or talking over most guitar solos, etc).

Since we're already off topic, I'll quote my own post from the Bono's voice thread, in the middle of the JT30 tour:

[..]

Also, you're comparing Walk On from 2009 where it felt tired and mostly everyone agreed it wasn't really good, with 2001 where it had all its power and was fresh to the fans and the band. Not fair
    well, I'm just averaging out your +1, nothing more. I do not really have an opinion on this, other than that I've never noticed any big improvements over the years.. just a slight decline with some ups and some (big) downs. Melodically I think he lost quite a bit over the years.
  3. Hi guys, what is the status on the Google Drive folder that was taken down. The one I speak of had approximately 150 rehearsals. I recently had a hard drive crashed and I lost my entire U2 collection, about 225 GB. That is quite a bitter pill to swallow. To make it even worse, I don't entirely remember everything that I had. Fortunately, I backed up about 350 bootlegs a few months ago on a random flash drive I had lying around...but that's all. There's still 181 GB I need to re-download. I'm in the process of downloading the interview collection. I downloaded a lot from U2t... I never downloaded shows from them, I got all of those from here, but most everything else I had. Can anyone give me an idea of, besides bootlegs, what material is out there and where I should look. It's kind of crazy to think that I had so much I can't remember exactly what I have and where I got it from lol. Thanks.
  4. Originally posted by Federico_Toni:I don't really agree with that opinion about Bono's voice... I think since I&E he is restraining it. Look at Every Breaking Wave, Bad and October which were put a semitone down during the tour. He could sing them, why did they put them down? Plus, I haven't heard about a night where he had real difficulties with his voice (except Berlin, but that's the only case), and when he sang "Heroes" in Bad in 2017 he was easily hitting the high notes. Sure, the voice is not the same as 360 (which was the absolute peak, I never heard his voice so clear as in 2009-2011), but I think he still has the power to belt out the difficult songs... he's just holding back his voice and for me this is the biggest Bono's mystery right now
    His voice was much clearer in 2014-2015 compared to 2009-2011, he "sang" the songs more.
    He still got a bit hoarse sound in his voice on 360 tour(same he had on Vertigo Tour).

He strenght on 360 was the high notes, the belting strength, stamina and falsetto.

Just listen to how clean his voice is on When Loves Comes To Town, his pitch is very good.

And if you wan't to hear Bonos IE voice in its prime listen from 2:20:42 to 2:21:35 on WTSHNN(also listen to WOWY from the show)

This one is superb
  5. I heard all the stuff you posted many times and they are without a doubt great performances. But, if I listen to the majority of the concerts U2 played between 2015 and 2019 I still can hear in certain points that he is trying to save his voice (what I liked in 360 was the exact opposite. I don't care if the voice is a bit rough. It adds emotion and power if you manage to hit the note). But maybe it's just me...

If I may add, check out Bad from 2015-05-27 Inglewood. The "wide awakes" are exceptional.
  6. Anyone ever purchase Love & Peace or else from The React now music+relief for hurricane Katrina? Asking on here because it was recorded for that release during a dress rehearsal. I’ve been looking everywhere for it. Thought someone would have shared it to YouTube
  7. Originally posted by Cgmorgan1986:Anyone ever purchase Love & Peace or else from The React now music+relief for hurricane Katrina? Asking on here because it was recorded for that release during a dress rehearsal. I’ve been looking everywhere for it. Thought someone would have shared it to YouTube
    I think it was only available on Rhapsody by RealPlayer.
    https://www.u2gigs.com/show1423.html
  8. ............
  9. Great version.
  10. REACT NOW
    Music + Relief
    Hurricane Katrina Relief Concert
    September 10, 2005
    broadcast on VH-1

U2 - Love And Peace Or Else

source:
    VH-1 broadcast > Toshiba RDXS 32 (hard drive-DVD burner)

G-Spot Analysis:

System: NTSC
    Format: DVD VOB
    Video Codec: MPEG2
    Video Resolution: 720X480
    Video Framerate: 29.97 FPS
    Video BitRate: 4244 Kbps
    Aspect Ratio: 4:3
    Audio Stream: AC3 48KHz @ 384 kbps

https://one8ung.stackstorage.com/s/ddo2LOb5DWRqsKh
  11. Originally posted by one8ung:REACT NOW
    Music + Relief
    Hurricane Katrina Relief Concert
    September 10, 2005
    broadcast on VH-1

U2 - Love And Peace Or Else

source:
    VH-1 broadcast > Toshiba RDXS 32 (hard drive-DVD burner)

G-Spot Analysis:

System: NTSC
    Format: DVD VOB
    Video Codec: MPEG2
    Video Resolution: 720X480
    Video Framerate: 29.97 FPS
    Video BitRate: 4244 Kbps
    Aspect Ratio: 4:3
    Audio Stream: AC3 48KHz @ 384 kbps

https://one8ung.stackstorage.com/s/ddo2LOb5DWRqsKh
    Thank you! I’ll try this out when I get home from work