1. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    ...sure...very nicely made...

But eh...I'm the big girl wearing a yellow Crystal Ballroom shirt

Anyway, some of us will be dining at Kantjil before the meet up...
    They serve very nice Indonesian food - the best "local" Dutch multi-culti food there is! - for very affordable prices (for less than 20 euro's you will have a meal + drink and perhaps even some coffee for desert!)

Just saying...you can join us of course. Think we'll gather at 6

Details: Kantjil & de Tijger
    The place should be spotted when you step out of the tram...

(if you want to attend and have a phone number "just in case," please send me a pm)
    that's a nice place yes, always go there when I'm late in the city studying enjoy. I will join at the meet-up
  2. Great Let's say we gather between 6 and 6:30 - and we'll have some drinks and kroepoek in advance
  3. The thought of having dinner at 6PM makes me dizzy. In Spain if you have dinner before 9PM you're a weirdo (or a foreigner) 10PM is the usual time around here, so definitely I can't make it, but thanks for the invitation anyway! Much appreciated.

We'll meet at the Tara at around 19:30 if that's fine? (I might drop by the pub a little earlier if Remy and co are still having dinner with you and start having pints decorating the place).
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:The thought of having dinner at 6PM makes me dizzy. In Spain if you have dinner before 9PM you're a weirdo (or a foreigner) 10PM is the usual time around here, so definitely I can't make it, but thanks for the invitation anyway! Much appreciated.

We'll meet at the Tara at around 19:30 if that's fine? (I might drop by the pub a little earlier if Remy and co are still having dinner with you and start having pints decorating the place).
    Cool! Bring your flag!
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:The thought of having dinner at 6PM makes me dizzy. In Spain if you have dinner before 9PM you're a weirdo (or a foreigner) 10PM is the usual time around here [...]
    ...yes, but this is north side...
    Not even sure if there are restaurants that serve after 9...

BTW: nothing wrong with weirdo's and foreigners here in Amsterdam
  6. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    ...yes, but this is north side...
    Not even sure if there are restaurants that serve after 9...

BTW: nothing wrong with weirdo's and foreigners here in Amsterdam
    with tourists however...
  7. I'm out
    Mom had a major health issue today, is in bad condition.I got a call when Jana and I had just taken seats in our train back home from AMS today. Have to stay here until things get better. Can't come back to A'dam tomorrow. The hell. If things get better and dad can stay with her over the weekend (i.e. cancel some work plans), I might make it for the two shows. But it doesn't look like this now I hate real life
  8. Originally posted by MacStripey:I'm out
    Mom had a major health issue today, is in bad condition.I got a call when Jana and I had just taken seats in our train back home from AMS today. Have to stay here until things get better. Can't come back to A'dam tomorrow. The hell. If things get better and dad can stay with her over the weekend (i.e. cancel some work plans), I might make it for the two shows. But it doesn't look like this now I hate real life
    Sorry to hear that Kirsten. Take care!!
  9. thats terrible news. Take care and hope to see you soon!
  10. I hope you and your family catch a break at some stage.
  11. Originally posted by MacStripey:I'm out
    Sorry to hear that Kirsten, hope everything will be allright. Friends and family are more important than some Irish band