1. Meanwhile I have added another recording from the JEMS Archive. It's the 1992-03-18 East Rutherford NJ taped by RL (Rich aka "madelf"). JEMS did not have any info other than being a master transferred to VHS in the early 90-ies and then made digital in 2017 by Mike Ziegler.

Soon after I posted this digital transfer on dime, user @madelf (Rich) recognized this as his recording and after some conversation we were able to establish the correct lineage.
    Rich said he trusted his master with a guy named Steve Hendrix, who was indeed familiar to JEMS. Steve was also known for making back-ups on VHS.

Did I already say this East Rutherford '92 recording was great? It's quite excellent really!

@madelf also recorded the previous night in Boston - the legendary St. Patrick's Day show! A (speed corrected) transfer of the master was done a few years ago by Mike D. It doesn't seem to be in our recording database as of yet, but I'll try to get there somewhere this week.
  2. That's exciting, one of my absolute favourite ZooTV shows! The raw looseness of the 1st leg at its best, with amazing versions of Wild Horses and With or Without You (the only version I know where the band actually comes back to the song after the conclusion, Edge improvising more on the guitar...).
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:Meanwhile I have added another recording from the JEMS Archive. It's the 1992-03-18 East Rutherford NJ taped by RL (Rich aka "madelf"). JEMS did not have any info other than being a master transferred to VHS in the early 90-ies and then made digital in 2017 by Mike Ziegler.

Soon after I posted this digital transfer on dime, user @madelf (Rich) recognized this as his recording and after some conversation we were able to establish the correct lineage.
    Rich said he trusted his master with a guy named Steve Hendrix, who was indeed familiar to JEMS. Steve was also known for making back-ups on VHS.

Did I already say this East Rutherford '92 recording was great? It's quite excellent really!

@madelf also recorded the previous night in Boston - the legendary St. Patrick's Day show! A (speed corrected) transfer of the master was done a few years ago by Mike D. It doesn't seem to be in our recording database as of yet, but I'll try to get there somewhere this week.
    I can't get enough Zoo TV Leg1, so bring it on

Thanks Joyce and Rich for the upgrade in NJ too! Even though I agree with Joyce and it ain't as good as the night before in Boston, it's still a great show - now backed with a great recording. REALLY LOUD crowd, though!!!

EDIT. Speaking about that NJ gig on March 18th... Most performances are "just very good", slightly inferior to the "really great" 1st leg gigs like the night before, Atlanta, Vancouver, Worcester, Lakeland, etc. BUT. BUT. Wild Horses is just insane, 6:30 minutes of greatness, two bridges, super extended solo by Edge. What a song.
  4. East Rutherford and Tacoma are my two favourite shows from the 1st leg of ZooTV.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

EDIT. Speaking about that NJ gig on March 18th... Most performances are "just very good", slightly inferior to the "really great" 1st leg gigs like the night before, Atlanta, Vancouver, Worcester, Lakeland, etc. BUT. BUT. Wild Horses is just insane, 6:30 minutes of greatness, two bridges, super extended solo by Edge. What a song.
    I listened to this gig this morning whilst lying still cozy in my bed, but somehow it felt like the crowd was more enthusiastic than the band

Anyway, although the early ZOO TV leg is one of my favorite U2 live periods, it didn't strike me as one of their top performances. Not exactly loose, but neither "well oiled" either. Sure it is interesting that the show was still in progress, but to me the show seemed slightly below par.
    Yes, Wild Horses is epic indeed, and the quasi coda in WOWY is great. And don't forget the prolonged intro of TTTYAATW, which is fun. But all these moments are rather impromptu and not because they were "on fire."

6. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    I listened to this gig this morning whilst lying still cozy in my bed, but somehow it felt like the crowd was more enthusiastic than the band

Anyway, although the early ZOO TV leg is one of my favorite U2 live periods, it didn't strike me as one of their top performances. Not exactly loose, but neither "well oiled" either. Sure it is interesting that the show was still in progress, but to me the show seemed slightly below par.
    Yes, Wild Horses is epic indeed, and the quasi coda in WOWY is great. And don't forget the prolonged intro of TTTYAATW, which is fun. But all these moments are rather impromptu and not because they were "on fire."

Yes, exactly. They weren't on fire that night, but the result isn't a bad show by all means. It's just not extraordinary as the night before or many others from March and April.
  7. Hope you all enjoy the new recordings! Edmonton 1997, Arnhem 2001 (Drew's Dub), Melbourne 1989 (boyacrobat Matrix), and Osaka 1989 should be coming soon as well.
  8. Originally posted by UnderARedSky:Hope you all enjoy the new recordings! Edmonton 1997, Arnhem 2001 (Drew's Dub), Melbourne 1989 (boyacrobat Matrix), and Osaka 1989 should be coming soon as well.
    Yes, today I'll make a full announcement later on. Thanks a million as usual
  9. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]

I had listened yesterday and compared the Stockholm and the Berlin 2018 Wild Horses and Berlin has a big won for me.
    Bono had so good pasted his voice, Larry was so powerful, Edge was raw as we know, and Adam was at his topness.

I wish they released the full version about that Instagram pre-rehearsal clip, even it if was a little big spoiler, many of us was so much eager to see it.
    Larry was so good at there.
    But two years ago had Instagram just only 15 or 30 secs clips licensed.

Before the 2018 was happened and nobody knows what was happening and Stockholm was one best versions with his rawness.
    And as of course lack of ZOO TV quality, at the VHS history, I wish them they will release someday a minimum a HQ-er DVD of Stockholm, when somehow AB30 deluxe happens, beacuse it was much intensive, funny, historic and a memorable gig, then the Washington one (in they had some hiccups in NYD), but at that gig was UV at his one of his greatest performance, and the rest was also great. so it has a little bit tiing of both the gigs.
    But still the two are greatest rock and roll gigs of the history.

We all know that in the AB20 deluxe they had released just only the MTV special, but it was great to see a little bits of Stockholm in so much better quality. even with a lucky guy contest winner was in that.
  10. Big thanks to @UnderARedSky we now have improved our available recordings for the following shows:

1989-10-08 - Melbourne, Australia - National Tennis Centre - we now have @boyacrobat's matrix, using his own audience recording plus Darren Glen's remaster of the "Bad At Its Best" bootleg. The result is far from being a 5star recording, but it kinda minimizes the flaws from each of the source recordings and maximizes its strengths, striking a nice balance.

1989-11-29 - Osaka, Japan - Osaka Castle Hall - this is by far the biggest improvement of the bunch. The previous recording we had was muddy, noisy, brickwalled and not really listenable. This new recording comes from the same source but with a much better (and lower generation) transfer. Now you can hear Bono crystal clear, even if the audience is still prominent and noisy.

1997-05-03 - Salt Lake City, Utah - Rice - we've added @Marcus's Neumann KM-184 recording which is almost equivalent to @JLW's DSM-6S recording that we already had. JLW's one sounds a tiiiiny bit better than this new one in my opinion, but it's all a matter of preference, and it's always nice to have a different flavour for the same show.

1997-05-09 - Tempe, Arizona - ASU Sun Devil Stadium - we now have @hoserama's remaster of @Gambler's original IEM recording (including the rehearsals). We had the original but it ran at an incorrect speed and had some phase & pitch problems that are now solved.

1997-06-12 - Winnipeg, Manitoba - Winnipeg Stadium - we now have the "Rocking the Peg Y'All" source that's described on Justin's and Achtungbootleg's sites, and sounds noticeably better than the existing source. Not sure if it's the same source recording, I'd say it isn't. Whether they are or not, the new recording is louder, punchier and more "in your face" than the older one.

2001-08-01 - Arnhem, Netherlands - Gelredome - these 3 Arnhem nights are very well covered in terms of audio and video recordings, but there's always room for improvement isn't there? Drew Williamsen has made several great matrixes throughout the years and this is no exception. He mixed in Bono's IEM with two audience sources (one of which we already had!) and the result is a very clean and balanced recording of one of the most energetic U2 gigs of the tour. Grazing 5 stars.
  11. what about Edmonton 97? Is it a different sbd source?