1. I only downloaded the wet mix so I can’t give a proper answer really but all I would say is there seemed the right amount of audience in that mix so any less would probably take away the live gig feel for me and make it sound less like an official live release. I should add that generally speaking if it’s a choice between a soundboard with little-no audience and an average audience with things like clapping or shouts then I’d usually have the soundboard but in the wet mix being discussed the audience are never annoying or in the way of the music so it’s a different comparison altogether.
  2. Give the goldilocks mix a try then.
  3. It’s the Goldilocks one I have after all that’s the one that gets my vote then and sounds to me the most like an official release would.

4. Goldilocks... because in the dry mix clicks and counts are a bit more audible...
  5. Honestly, I can't get by the goldilocks mix "Its just right " to give a true listen to the the other mixes just yet.

"Source 1: 5x IEM receivers > Multitrack recorder
    Taper: Hoserama/Sharebear"

I'm a little curious, does 5x mean 5 channels like I believe you had mentioned the Stones show was recorded with 8 channels? (Why 5 vs 8?)
    Does that mean you actually are capturing 5 independent feeds at the same time with a multitrack recorder? If so which 5?

“The first bowl of chocolate pudding was too hot, but Goldilocks ate it all anyway because, hey, it's chocolate pudding, right?” (It's Hoserama IEM recording, right?)
  6. Yes. I recorded 7 different wireless feeds, but only used 5 for the mix. Plus the AUD. Stones had different types of feeds. I had 5 feeds running to an eight track recorder (two were recorded in mono) while another two stereo feeds running to a four track recorder.
  7. Originally posted by hoserama:Yes. I recorded 7 different wireless feeds, but only used 5 for the mix. Plus the AUD. Stones had different types of feeds. I had 5 feeds running to an eight track recorder (two were recorded in mono) while another two stereo feeds running to a four track recorder.
    Because Ronnie and Keith don’t use IEMs right? They use wedges and the side stage fills. But their wireless guitar packs could be picked up?

Plus there’s way more musicians on stage for them
  8. Correct, no IEMs for Keith and Ronnie. But there was a crew feed that had great panned guitars this tour, which was great for mixing.
  9. Originally posted by hoserama:Correct, no IEMs for Keith and Ronnie. But there was a crew feed that had great panned guitars this tour, which was great for mixing.
    Nice! Go again this year
  10. Interesting! Thanks for the insight.
    I'm listening to the dry mix now, haven't heard any counts yet.
    Sounds really good so far.

11. I just listened to the whole dry mix, I was starting to be convinced it might actually be the best mix. Then I compared 4 tracks from the Goldilocks mix back to back which now I’m convinced imo definitely has a smoother fuller sound, a little bit more enjoyable listen. To be honest they all sound great, if you would’ve only shared the dry mix I would’ve been very pleased, it must really be a labor of love and very rewarding to take these recordings that extra mile to the finish line of greatness!