1. I'm not the biggest fan, but Laid is a masterpiece. Eno's influence, perhaps?
  2. All I'm Saying

3. Absolutely love this band. Only managed to see them a couple of times, once at Alton Towers on 4th July 1992 (showing my age). Also an acoustic gig which I am sure was at Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall, but my memory is fading.

For an introduction I would recommend Getting Away With It Live. Have gotten a load of my friends here into them from this album. It sounds amazing.
  4. Love James. This performance of Sit Down (from their 2001 farewell gig in Manchester) is beautiful. The band dynamic during the performance is also pretty absorbing, i.e. the keyboardist wanted to keep it slow and melancholy, the drummer wanted to give it some welly, so the pace keeps changing throughout!

Favourite song is probably Sometimes.

Or Seven...
  5. Love Getting Away With It (All Messed Up)

Daniel drinks his weight
    Drinks like Richard Burton
    Dance like John Travolta now

Always do the live Tim actions when it comes on the juke box!
  6. Originally posted by SlammerKenya:Love Getting Away With It (All Messed Up)

Daniel drinks his weight
    Drinks like Richard Burton
    Dance like John Travolta now

Always do the live Tim actions when it comes on the juke box!
    love that "Dance like John Travolta... ...NOW" .

Sometimes, Getting Away With It and Sit Down (the 2001 live version specially) are the big 3 for me.

From that show, I also really love Out To Get You, with the whole interruption at the beginning of the song.
  7. You should check out Sit Down from their North American 2012 tour. Only played on a few dates but oh so good.
  8. Gaudi

9. “Life begins at 40. For our midlife euphoria we recorded a double orchestral album of some of our deepest cuts,” says Tim.

Be Opened By The Wonderful is a 20-track CD (19 on vinyl) of some of our most loved and rare tracks, re-imagined with orchestra and choir.

Sounds…familiar.
  10. Points for 20 songs rather than 40.