1. Originally posted by deanallison:For dirty day in Berlin does bono come in a bar late? I know for one of the Dublin performances he did but I think he did in Berlin as well and the band just went with it, which I admit would be unusual as they usually stick to the ear monitors cues. Maybe someone could have a listen see if they agree.
    Oh god it's like the bass in WOWY all over again
  2. I’ll never live that down lol. It is a ‘thing’ though hearing bass notes wrong when they’re right. Listen to dirty day it sounds like Adam and Larry kick in and bono misses it.
  3. Some of these are definitely IEM (like Gloria) but whoever's done it has done a great job of removing the clicks so that they're very faint, although I would just quietly suggest that UTEOTW is from Mexico City 2011 rather than IE/2017/EI - not that it really matters (maybe apart from it being an official release), just for the sake of accuracy, it's all sounding great!!
  4. Also I don't know exactly when it's from but The Fly is definitely from the 360 tour as well - on EI the drumming was the same as they did it on ZooTV and there was some extra synth stuff to make up for not having Bono's guitar - also his voice sounds v much like it did on 360, don't think it's an official release tho, maybe Montreal/another radio broadcast?
  5. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:Also I don't know exactly when it's from but The Fly is definitely from the 360 tour as well - on EI the drumming was the same as they did it on ZooTV and there was some extra synth stuff to make up for not having Bono's guitar - also his voice sounds v much like it did on 360, don't think it's an official release tho, maybe Montreal/another radio broadcast?
    Glastonbury
  6. Keep that coming Harry @WideAwakeBadBoy, I haven't been able to properly sit down and categorize every performance (damn, I haven't even had the time to sit down and listen through all of this compilation!) so your help is much appreciated
  7. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    I think he does this on purpose... My little theory: some songs make him feel like someone he's not or doesn't want to be anymore. So he uses tricks and/or a little character/theater to still make it work. Dirty Day is a good example, very different vocals and a bit more of a "storytelling" style. Acrobat is a song he needs a "character" for in order to do it...

Some singers as they age no longer sing but speak. I think Geddy Lee does it as well.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:I don't know exactly where to post this, but... "The Last Of The Rockstars" has done it again. Here's 2 hours of soundboard (not IEM!) recordings from the I&E, JT30 and E&I tours It's all mixed and from different gigs and some of the transitions are a bit abrupt (NYD into Bad, for example), but the sound quality is consistently incredible. Magnificent is from Amsterdam4 (ignore that - it's from the 360 tour!), ASOH is from Vancouver but the spoken intro is edited (actually, taking out Bono's reference to the Vancouver city itself!), Bad is from Brazil, Landlady is from Milan, Dirty Day is surprisingly from none of the actual concerts where it was played but from a rehearsal instead (probably Belfast), so on and so forth. All in all it's a very, very enjoyable listen and a great ride through the latest tours.

1. Intro
    2. The Blackout
    3. Lights Of Home
    4. Beautiful Day
    5. Magnificent
    6. I Will Follow
    7. Out Of Control
    8. Gloria
    9. Two Hearts Beat As One
    10. All Because Of You
    11. Red Flag Day
    12. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For