We would like to know which shows you attended and which shows you are going to attend. On this page you can see which members attended or are going to attend this show. Maybe you can send some of them a private message to meet up or talk about this show.
To tell you the truth…I’ve been digging hard trying to find problems with it, but it’s just great! Let’s see what I got in the end…
* TOTALLY AWESOME!
* It’s the unforgettable fire tour; it really was only about the music back then. It’s weird that except for a few exceptions, the only thing that Bono says before a song starts, is the song’s name!
* The setlist is amazing now...as I (or maybe we) miss these old songs and want to see them played! There is A Sort of Homecoming, Seconds, TUF, October, Wire…
* All the songs are very well performed, there is no poor performance in my opinion, and they’re all done great! If I wanted to make a highlights list, it would have to be the whole setlist! Here are some standouts anyways! >>
- Almost 11 minutes long version of Bad !
- Electric Co. … 8 minutes long, with snippets and long jam-like thing in the middle!
- October>> NYD !
- As less heard songs live: TUF ,ASOH and 11 O’clock. Also, MLK blew me away!
- The made-up lyrics to Knockin’ on Heaven’s door are funny
- 9 minutes long ‘40’ + snippets, performed with the support band!
There really wasn’t much, I had to dig hard for these:
* At some points, when Edge is doing backing vocals…he gets over Bono! I mean you hear more of him than Bono, which doesn’t really sound good, as Bono is singing in the actual melody whereas Edge’s is a bit different, not good to become main.
* Wire is not a favorite song of mine really, I did enjoy it anyways but the ending is awful really!
* Pretty awesome, it doesn’t switch between left and right, you get enough music enough audience. The Vocals and the music are both pretty clear. It IS a 4.5 star recording!
* Not a surprise really, but we don’t have as much bass as I would like, but hey, that would definitely make it 5 stars! It IS still more in there than many other bootlegs (listen A Sort of Homecoming as an example) Recording: "Four At Four" - 4 stars
This part is only rated, not commented on
mazing! It was the first ever Unforgettable Fire tour bootleg I listened to. It exceeded my expectations. It’s a very good recording if you’re looking for the same thing as I was. I might suggest this other show as well, it’s got a longer and a bit better setlist (includes Indian Summer Sky, Surrender, Two Hearts Beat As One,...): 1984-10-23 - Nantes, France - St. Herblain (I found it right after having posted Chicago as this week’s bootleg!).
The whole bootleg and show are just great (talking about this week's show, not Nantes mentioned in the last paragraph!!)! Also, it’s interesting to hear them when they weren’t as big as they are now. The ego hadn’t done its work yet, they are a band who has just become famous and big…you can hear Bono’s comments that reflect this (telling the CBS people: “you want some people? Come up here!” or the comments before Knockin’… there is another part where he says they used to have 500 people watching them and that he’s glad there are so many watching now).
**Comments: Just wanted to point this out…it’s interesting how similar this show sounds to Joshua Tree Tour shows (particularly Paris 87, as I was listening to it at the same time). Of course, JT had new songs and a more confident band…but the (very short) speeches/comments (such as “for a very special man…” or “this is a big place but we’re bigger than this place”) and performances are very similar, which shows they didn’t spend as much time as they do now on how the tours should be, it REALLY was only about the music (though maybe we’re lucky that they changed their manners, or all the shows would be the same, up till now! )
Welcome to our audio page, on this page you can download lossy (MP3) and sometimes even the lossless (mostly FLAC) audio recordings (also known as bootlegs) of this show. The available recordings are sorted on the type of recording and the quality of the recording.
An amazing U2 photo for every month of the year. Order the
U2start calendar and support the community.
Help! Which recording should I choose? How do I play this? How can I convert these files to MP3? Answers to all your questions and a lot of general information, we have documented it all on our help and info pages.
We hope you enjoy this recording!
Can we ask you to write a short review after you have listened?.
Silver CD, manufactured by Red Phantom
Num. cat: RPCD 2059/2060
Lineage: AKG 460 B w/ULS 61 capsule > WM-D5; ANA-M > Cassette > CDR
1. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
2. I Will Follow
5. The Unforgettable Fire
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday
8. The Cry / The Electric Co.
9. A Sort Of Homecoming
12. New Year's Day
13. Pride (in The Name Of Love)
14. Bono's Speech
15. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Label: The Flying Tigers
Catalog #: FTBX 0035/36/37
Matrix # CD1: FTBX 0035 PHC
Matrix # CD2: FTBX 0036 PHC
Matrix # CD3: FTBX 0037 PHC
Packaging: 5,91" x 11,02" x 1,26" Box set
CDs Packaging: 3 x Jewel cases
1-1 11 O'clock Tick Tock 5:00
1-2 Seconds 3:42
1-3 M.L.K. 2:42
1-4 The Unforgettable Fire 5:09
1-5 Wire 4:06
1-6 Sunday Bloody Sunday 5:27
1-7 The Electric Co. 8:36
1-8 A Sort Of Homecoming 4:59
1-9 Bad 10:44
1-10 October 2:06
1-11 New Year's Day 5:58
1-12 Pride (In The Name Of Love) 5:29
1-13 Knocking On Heaven's Door 4:00
1-14 Gloria 4:58
2-1 40 9:10
2-2 Indian Summer Sky 3:55
2-3 Party Girl 3:34
2-4 C'mon Everybody 2:03
2-5 Sunday Bloody Sunday (acoustic) 4:27
2-6 Maggie's Farm 6:39
2-7 Where The Streets Have No Name 6:26
2-8 I Will Follow 4:22
2-9 Trip Through Your Wires 3:49
2-10 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For 5:51
2-11 The Unforgettable Fire 4:37
2-12 Bullet The Blue Sky 5:23
2-13 Running To Stand Still 4:25
2-14 Exit 4:42
2-15 In God's Country 3:11
2-16 Sunday Bloody Sunday 5:52
3-1 Bad 11:28
3-2 Springhill Mining Disaster 3:41
3-3 New Year's Day 5:18
3-4 Pride (In The Name Of Love) 5:25
3-5 Mothers Of Disappeared 4:09
3-6 With Or Without You 6:39
3-7 Silver And Gold 6:11
3-8 Out Of Control 5:02
3-9 One Tree Hill 5:37
3-10 A Sort Of Homecoming 5:53
3-11 People Get Ready 4:50
3-12 All Along The Watchtower 3:20
3-13 Angel Of Harlem 3:37
3-14 When Love Comes To Town 4:15
3-15 Love Rescue Me 3:59
CD Content: 2 Incomplete concert(s)
CD 1-2 Date: Mar. 21, 1985 • (82:11 min.)
CD 1-2 Site: Chicago, University Illinois Pavilion
CD 2-3 Date: Apr. 29, 1987 • (85:22 min.)
CD 2-3 Site: Chicago, Rosemont Horizon
Sources CD 1-2: Soundboard
Sources CD 2-3: Audience
Extra Tracks CD3: London - Oct. 16, 1988
Extra Tracks: Various live extracts - 1984-1987
We do not have any download links available for this source. Submit if you do!
Welcome to our photo page, on this page you can view and download high resolution and high quality photos of this show. No low resolution or low quality photos are accepted, you only see the very best of the best. Of course you can also upload your own high resolution and high quality photos easily.
"We were just out having a drink. It was really nothing serious but he remembered it – it must have been 10 or 15 years ago. She’s a wonderful girl. So that’s all I said. I was actually in France when he said it."
- Eamon Dunphy on a drink he had with Bono about the phrase You're The Best Thing About Me (RTE)
did you know
U2 wrote the songs "I Threw A Brick Through A Window" and "Stranger In A Strange Land" in Minneapolis, Minnesota.