"An Amazing Night In Atlanta" DAT Master
Philips Arena, Atlanta, Georgia, USA 2001-11-30
Taper: Steve Hendrix, Mastering: Jason Engel
Source/Lineage: Audio Technica Lavalier Mics > Sony M-1 > DAT master > Sony 600 > Optical cable > Pioneer stand-alone CD burner > CDR master > EAC secure (WAV) > Soundforge 8 (edits) > CD Wave (tracking) > Trader's Little Helper (FLAC)
Mics set to flat response instead of bass roll-off. DAT set to minus 20dbs in EP mode.
- Each master CD contained one half of the concert as a single track, used EAC in secure mode to pull WAV files off the CDs.
- Joined the two WAV files into one (required some splicing as there was overlap, you won't notice where).
- Removed chatter at start and end of WAV file, fade-in start, fade-out end.
1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
3. Beautiful Day
4. Until The End Of The World
5. New Year's Day
6. Out Of Control
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday
8. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
9. Bono talking about Michael and Bob
11. My Sweet Lord
12. Angel Of Harlem
13. People Get Ready
15. Bad - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
4. First Encore Break
5. Bullet The Blue Sky
6. What's Going On
7. New York
8. Second Encore Break
10. Peace On Earth - Walk On
This is the second of Steve Hendrix's DAT masters that I've had the honor to master and release. It is very similar to his Vertigo Atlanta recording, same source and lineage, even the same settings for mics and DAT. As such, the sound is also similar - quiet, but if you turn up the volume it is a very clear and full recording. The performance is about average for the third leg of the Elevation tour, but I am pleased with how well U2 pulled off the three cover songs they played, especially My Sweet Lord.