1. Also, indoor shows means that Bono can play around with his giant spotlight again if they decide to bring Bullet back.
  2. Originally posted by ahn1991:Also, indoor shows means that Bono can play around with his giant spotlight again if they decide to bring Bullet back.

He did it outdoors too no problem - although I agree that indoors it (must have) had more impact.

The bad thing about BTBS is that it cannot be revamped much, unlike other similar classics like SBS (that has been played in very different fashions throughout the years - can you imagine BTBS without Larry's fierce drums or Edge's distorted guitar?)... BTBS, like New Year's Day or Pride, has a very distinctive sound, and that makes it equally recognisable and predictable(=boring). I think that's why they've left it apart lately, although we might see it come back.
  3. I do agree that BTBS is somewhat of a formulaic song. You can play around with that one section towards the later part of the song where Bono did his gun violence spoken word during Elevation and Please/The Hands That Built America snippets during Vertigo, but aside from that it does have a very distinctive sound that I don't think they would want to change.

However, I think if it does come back, it'll come back as a set staple and will not be put on rotation.
  4. I'd gladly see it back. They absolutely destroyed it on the Vertigo tour. It made me sick of the song but it still has the potential to hit hard (in the right type of set).

God I hated the Vertigo tour.
  5. It has its moments... Didn't like the Johnny comes marching home crap, father Abraham, the coexist headband, etc. I always like the combination between this and running though.
  6. I always like to see/hear Bullet live. One of the greatest U2 songs ever.

Bullet always hits me when it is played. A lesser point of the 360 Tour is the absence of Bullet.

High light of the Vertigo Tour:

Miracle drug
    SYCM
    Love and peace
    Bullet
    Running
  7. I don't feel Bullet is boring. It was different on every tour, just on Vertigo it was let down with that Johnny... I hope they will bring it back with some heavy sound.
  8. Originally posted by Alvin:I don't feel Bullet is boring. It was different on every tour, just on Vertigo it was let down with that Johnny... I hope they will bring it back with some heavy sound.

Yeah, Zoo TV was the peak of the BTBS performances just because it had that extra bit of heavier sound. Bono's vocal distorsion and Edge's guitar really took the song to another level during 1992/3! That will never be reached again. I won't be sad if they abandon the song again in this upcoming tour, and I won't be sad if they recover it either

9. And Sleep Like Baby Tonight or Cedarwood right before Bullet and This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Pfff.... Starting a show with Bullet The Blue Sky > Desire > All Along The Watchtower, 13 minutes of non-stop (literally) rock and roll... Those were quite probably their most energetic concert starts ever. God, watching this has reminded me how I wish a full Lovetown show was released in video

Yes, we need a full Lovetown show on DVD. Maybe even two shows, cos setlist was so different on this tour and every concert was standout. Just Look how awesome was New Years Day in this Dortmund show!
  11. Rotterdam 01-10-1990.

Great opening of a show, Bullet, Desire (best full band ever) and All along the Watchtower.

12. THAT. In fact, that concert features the best Desire+AATW combo ever. Both are killer versions.