1. Having a commemorative listen. Bloody quirky album. Love it. Arguable Bono at the absolute peak of his vocal prowess.
  2. Listened and onto all the B-sides and stuff from this era. What an abstract piece. Some of the lyrics don't make a lot if sense but I just love how Bono wails them out and the sounds of the music that accompany this poetry.
  3. I'll give it a listen later. Itching to get into Yoshino Blossom in the unreleased tracks already. It is a really excellent album, but I find it is best enjoyed as that, an album. Unless I'm in a crazy U2 phase, it's difficult for me to dip in and out of.
  4. Originally posted by iTim:I'll give it a listen later. Itching to get into Yoshino Blossom in the unreleased tracks already. It is a really excellent album, but I find it is best enjoyed as that, an album. Unless I'm in a crazy U2 phase, it's difficult for me to dip in and out of.

Really? I'm more like the opposite. I listen to select songs (usually Bad, the title track, Wire and Promenade, and ASOH from the Wide Awake EP) pretty often BUT I rarely get to listen to the full album (unlike Zooropa, POP or Joshua Tree, which are the ones I use to listen from A to Z - {no, no Achtung Baby either, or not so often}). I know it's best understood as a whole piece instead of a collection of songs (some of which are rather poor), but I just feel to do it like that.
  5. Originally posted by Spiral:This is where it all started for me !
    I've heard Sunday ,NYD, '40', and saw the Red Rocks show on TV. But didn't paid much attention by that time. and then The U-Fire came out. And I still remember listening to it for the first time. i used to hang out with 'older' guys in my neighborhood. and one day a guy came with this new LP he just bought. and i still remember seeing the record and thinking WTF is this cover? it was pink !!! (can anyone remember this misprint? here ). He put it on the record player and boom ! It was atmospheric !!! a few months later i bought my first U2 item : the Unforgettable Fire double 7' in a little record shop .
    'Bad' is , and i think will ever be , my favorite U2 song !!! after seeing the Live Aid version how can't it be!
    BTW it's in Promenade i took my 'name' ... "Up through spiral staircase
    To the higher ground ..."

Great history !

I listen to it usually but i skip Bad . I love ASOH version . It s perfect

6. You skip WHAAAAT
  7. This still holds up, so very 80's. But still a great piece of relative disappointments of October and War.