1. Jup, however I love the snippets he does most of the times. But the ''Ohohohohs'' and the ''Nanananas'' are, most of the time, just annoying.
  2. Originally posted by ahn1991:

Long story short, I think U2 is finally on the right track. In NLOTH, you could tell that the band was desperately grasping at whatever they could to obtain the "relevance" they desired and ultimately it created something that in some cases did not represent an honest U2. Songs of Innocence is U2 releasing themselves from that burden and creating music for their own sake. At least that's how it sounds like to me.

Sergio, and Alex....thanks so much to both of you for taking the time to offer your opinions. I may not agree with everything, but you both made me think, which is the main point of being on a message board. I'm usually far too tempted to just make a sparse response to posts, which is a weakness on my part, but U2 has made many on this site really think about the state of the band with this new release.

I continue to digest it, and I continue to love this album, but my critical side does wish there was a little more Edge in there. I think they are really into making albums where the sonic landscape doesn't stray too far from track to track. If only the original version of "Mercy" made it's final landing spot here...but that's for another thread somewhere else.

And yes Alex, it's not easy to come up with original ideas anymore. Even if you do, it's not a shock to find out someone else had already done it. But it's not impossible to be original. It's just at this state in U2's career, it's not likely to happen.

I want to make a track by track review of the album, but I want to wait until the deluxe version is out, so I only have a few new songs to figure out, and will have stronger opinions of the others. I may be in the extreme minority of loving "California," and despite being a Beach Boys admirer, I may edit out part of the original when I make my full version of the new album. On NLOTH, I fully edited out the "Fez" and just make the song "Being Born."
  3. Yeah, I will edit (aka shorten or delete) California's intro when I burn the album to a CD. And possibly make The Troubles' ending longer.
  4. Weird how you guys take no issue in doing that. I couldn't mess with the artist's vision of a piece of music. I'm not looking down upon it, I just couldn't do it and would feel as though I've tainted it. It's not mine to touch or modify, it's mine to experience. But hey, that's just me.
  5. I get what you're saying, but it's just for enjoying purposes, man It's the same when you skip a song or a portion of it while listening, isn't it? I just avoid the hassle of skipping that intro every time I listen to the album haha. This way, I feel better while listening to the song - tainted or not, I like it better.

What do you think about mixing one song into each other? Check out this and tell me it ain't awesome (sorry for the self-praising ).

6. I'll have to check it out tomorrow! I'm off to bed! Went swimming for the first time today (as a means of exercise, not in general ) and I'm beat. But i'll definitely listen. Man..even Unknown Caller though. All I'll say is Songs of Innocence is so good
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Weird how you guys take no issue in doing that. I couldn't mess with the artist's vision of a piece of music. I'm not looking down upon it, I just couldn't do it and would feel as though I've tainted it. It's not mine to touch or modify, it's mine to experience. But hey, that's just me.

I agree, that would just feel like weird. Remy's California edit to cut the intro and extend the outro
  8. I already thought of cutting the California intro as well. Everytime it starts you wanna yell at them "IT'S BARBARA ANN!"

9. I'll take a seat next to you in that extreme minority group. I will admit that as a California native, I am a bit biased towards it.
  10. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

I'll take a seat next to you in that extreme minority group. I will admit that as a California native, I am a bit biased towards it.

We are going to fill a stadium
  11. I also love it. It's one of my favourite tracks on the album!