1. yes 360 was stail for the first few months this tour has had it ups but also so far its downs, the new songs to me don't seem to be working with the crowd maybe it comes with time or maybe its just me.
  2. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    yes 360 was stail for the first few months this tour has had it ups but also so far its downs, the new songs to me don't seem to be working with the crowd maybe it comes with time or maybe its just me.
    Some songs do, some songs don't. Just let it take it's time. Only 13 shows in, not even halfway through NA tour and they're still to hit Europe, SA and Australasia. Don't forget Bono's injury hit it badly, that meant there was hardly any promotion for it either.
  3. Anyone think it's a possibility that New York will make a debut in one of the 8 shows in Madison Square Garden
  4. a longshot, but it very well could be played
  5. Doubt it, they didn't play it in Vertigo with all those shows. But we may see a snippet of New York, New York.
  6. New York hopefully see different songs every night (#2, between MW and EBW and between BD and WOWY) and hopefully different encores (Not just, One, ISHFWILF and 40)
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:You decided to mess with the order of the first part, putting SFS after Iris, UTEOTW before SBS and Wolves. Do you think that works better than what we currently have?

Yes', I've been messing with that established first part for some time.
    1) It should close with Raised By Wolves as it was first rehearsed in Vancouver. Ending with UTEOTW doesn't make much sense and RBW deserves that special set spot.
    2) SFS after Cedarwood Road and before SBS definitely doesn't fit, it kills the momentum too much and feels totally out of place. SFS fits better after Iris, as a quieter interlude after all the starting rockers, and before the second killer part (CR > UTEOTW > SBS > RBW). I also see more sense thematically.

I also swapped some songs in the second set, and removed Beautiful Day and Pride altogether. Ha!
  8. beautiful setlist
    Originally posted by LikeASong:We can only wish, Alvin

Another try, no pipe dreams, only already rehearsed songs (except Wild Horses)... I would love to see this set as the "standard" set, and do rotations from there:

01 - The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    02 - 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
    03 - Volcano
    04 - Vertigo
    05 - I Will Follow
    06 - Iris
    07 - Song For Someone
    08 - Cedarwood Road
    09 - Until The End Of The World
    10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
    11 - Raised By Wolves
    --- --- ---
    12 - Invisible
    13 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    14 - The Fly
    15 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    16 - Ordinary Love
    17 - Every Breaking Wave [full band, not piano]
    18 - Bullet The Blue Sky
    19 - Running To Stand Still
    20 - The Troubles

21 - City Of Blinding Lights
    22 - Miracle Drug
    23 - Streets
    24 - One
    25 - ''40''

And The Crystal Ballroom to replace COBL when the band feel like it
  9. Thanks I wish the band thought the same... haha
  10. I think EBW piano suits smaller arenas to grab that intimacy. Full band suits the bigger arenas (MSG, etc) a lot more.
  11. I think that they have the idea (and I'm not against it) that EBW and SBS are what is known in baseball as a "Bunt" (I had to google that). That is when a batter sacrifices himself in order to move the players on base.

In other words, apparently they believe that:
    100% SBS + 100% RBW = 200%
    100% EBW + 100% BTBS = 200%
    but that:
    80% SBS + 100% RBW = 250%
    80% EBW + 100% BTBS = 250%

---

@LAS: I think that End Of The World is perfect in there... the whole SBS-RBW-EOTW is really impressive and mindblowing, the "I don't believe anymore"+"confort me"+"Judas theme" is amazing sonically and thematically.
  12. Been doing some more dreaming (out loud). If they continue to close with Still, following it with a full Stand By Me would be great . I doubt it would happen, but Tomorrow, Please, and Like A Song both work thematically as replacements for IWF, SBS, and UTEOTW. As for MoS, I'm sure U2 will bring it back some time.

1. The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
    2. Twilight
    3. California (There is No End to Love)
    4. Tomorrow
    5. Mofo (snippet) / Iris (Hold Me Close)
    6. Cedarwood Road
    7. Song for Someone
    8. Please / Sunday Bloody Sunday (snippet)
    9. Love and Peace or Else
    10. Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
    11. Like A Song

(The Wanderer)

12. Invisible
    13. Lucifer’s Hands
    14. Every Breaking Wave (electric)
    15. Mysterious Ways (with full solo)
    16. Sleep Like A Baby Tonight / If You Wear That Velvet Dress (snippet)
    17. Bullet the Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
    18. Running to Stand Still
    19. Beautiful Day
    20. With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
    21. Moment of Surrender

(No Stephen Hawking, just a red light)

22. Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) (snippet)
    23. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
    24. Stand By Me