1. I like the live version of Blackout better so far. Sorry.
  2. Guess we won’t be getting Get Out Of Your Own Way tomorrow,
  3. Huh. That Blackout version sounds interesting, but yeah, not the rocker it sounded like in that live video...
  4. Love the 30 seconds clip !!!
  5. sounds cool,
    call me an idiot people i don't care but is U2 taking a new artistic approach to this record? just seems like they are going for more beats and ""modern"" sounding tunes.
  6. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    sounds cool,
    call me an idiot people i don't care but is U2 taking a new artistic approach to this record? just seems like they are going for more beats and ""modern"" sounding tunes.
    I like it. Sounds refreshing
  7. no, it sounds more 'disco' than rock in that clip
  8. A lot if not all songs sound rockier live (miracle, vertigo, SBS, IWF, etc, etc) compared to the album versions so we can't compare especially in a 30 second clip...
  9. Man I’m way more excited for Blackout based on that clip than I was from the whole live version. That mix is groovy.
  10. I like what I hear, and I like the songs we've heard so far - with the exception of Best thing, which is doing well enough, but kind of sucks in the end (I like the acoustic version better, though). All in all, I think it should have been a B-side/bonus track, not the lead single. Bono says it is a punk-Motown song. Well, whatever: I think there's good and not so good songs, and Best thing is simply not as good as U2's even recent best. It is a new California, which was a new All because of you. None of these songs are really memorable. Nice enough verses, kind of not so inspired choruses. It's no good to excuse yourself by saying that a song is punk, when in truth the melody is wanting. I'd have liked something more melodic and Beatlesy. Windows in the sky - that was a great song, and a great single.
  11. Originally posted by JuJuman:I like what I hear, and I like the songs we've heard so far - with the exception of Best thing, which is doing well enough, but kind of sucks in the end (I like the acoustic version better, though). All in all, I think it should have been a B-side/bonus track, not the lead single. Bono says it is a punk-Motown song. Well, whatever: I think there's good and not so good songs, and Best thing is simply not as good as U2's even recent best. It is a new California, which was a new All because of you. None of these songs are really memorable. Nice enough verses, kind of not so inspired choruses. It's no good to excuse yourself by saying that a song is punk, when in truth the melody is wanting. I'd have liked something more melodic and Beatlesy. Windows in the sky - that was a great song, and a great single.

As a member of the California Defence Task Force I insist you take that back