1. Anyway, getting back to topic of the album. Do you guys think this album will have a bit more political theme to it based on the way the world is? Blackout and Little Things give me that vibe lyrically. I hope it is, because U2 make great music when they have a bit of anger/rage to help feed the passion and creativity.

2. Angry U2 is the best U2.

But sadly not, I don't think we'll get any angry U2. Just a happy U2 making a couple of respectful comments about things that used to make them angry.
  3. Originally posted by u2opra:Anyway, getting back to topic of the album. Do you guys think this album will have a bit more political theme to it based on the way the world is? Blackout and Little Things give me that vibe lyrically. I hope it is, because U2 make great music when they have a bit of anger/rage to help feed the passion and creativity.
    Yes, there's also Summer of Love about Syrian refugees, Civilization seems like a political tune and American Soul will probably reference the speeches Bono is making during Pride this tour.
  4. Its not strange for someone nearing his sixties to suddenly realise the end could be near right? Especially when others his age start dying. At some point in life you start to think about death I guess, whereas before its almost never a topic in your mind. No need for crazy theories at all
  5. So now you can talk about what you heard there?
  6. Sure. All contracts waived when Blackout was released. But I didn't like this song after one listen. Bit messy. Too much of the "free yourself to be yourself" kinda lyrics. But maybe I'll change my mind.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Sure. All contracts waived when Blackout was released. But I didn't like this song after one listen. Bit messy. Too much of the "free yourself to be yourself" kinda lyrics. But maybe I'll change my mind.
    I know you've compared lyric there but could the song be compared to another u2 song in general or a certain album or era from u2?
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I know you've compared lyric there but could the song be compared to another u2 song in general or a certain album or era from u2?
    Hmm. Not really. As Edge said it very much is like some R&B/hip hop like song in my recollection.
  9. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Hmm. Not really. As Edge said it very much is like some R&B/hip hop like song in my recollection.
    Interesting, that sounds like it could be a challenging one to get into, not surprised you weren't keen on it at first, but I'll go in with an open mind.
  10. I'm really intrigued by Edge's interview... hopefully next year we'll see a tour with some stuff from Pop, fewer JT songs (how 'bout just Streets and Exit?!), and maybe Drowning Man!!

Of course, they probably won't actually follow up on any of those...

Also intrigued by an Innocence/Experience ONLY show - and that Edge wants to keep playing SOI tunes. They didn't get a long enough run, and they were all really good.