1. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:I can see them stopping in 2022 or something, but after a while they'll realize they love it too much, and they will continue as long as possible.
    Thats the rock and roll cycle
  2. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:I can see them stopping in 2022 or something, but after a while they'll realize they love it too much, and they will continue as long as possible.

Playing and touring, yes.
    Making albums, no.
  3. I'd much rather them tour more often with a few new songs to play on the tour rather than having to wait an age for a full album and therefore a tour. It would be amazing and I would love it if they kept making full albums for the remainder of their career but I'd be happy enough with a tour every few years if that meant that full albums were a rarer occurrence.
  4. I think it's more likely that as they age, they'll make more albums and tour less often.
  5. I was thinking more along the lines of what Bruce has been doing. He's 67 and still going! Pretty incredible. I know he's a rare exception to the rule.
  6. I agree with our Welshman. Or hope he's right.
  7. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:I was thinking more along the lines of what Bruce has been doing. He's 67 and still going! Pretty incredible. I know he's a rare exception to the rule.
    It would be more comparable to the Stones.
  8. Who are sort of a joke at this point, c'mon. They're a novelty act. A touring Vegas show.

The moment U2 becomes that, I'll check out.

I can see them continuing to record songs/albums and stop the touring. Based on their personal lives, it takes up huge chunks of them, and I can see them not wanting to do that as much anymore.

That being said, they know better than anyone that they're a live band more than an album band, so who knows.

I don't think they'll stop until they feel as though they've put out what they consider to be their best work, that's been their mission statement from the beginning.
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:
    I don't think they'll stop until they feel as though they've put out what they consider to be their best work, that's been their mission statement from the beginning.
    They know they reached that point in 1991, they have acknowledged it plenty of times. So, as much as I'd love to agree with your statement (and I think it's very well reasoned), it just makes not much sense
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Who are sort of a joke at this point, c'mon. They're a novelty act. A touring Vegas show.

The moment U2 becomes that, I'll check out.

I can see them continuing to record songs/albums and stop the touring. Based on their personal lives, it takes up huge chunks of them, and I can see them not wanting to do that as much anymore.

That being said, they know better than anyone that they're a live band more than an album band, so who knows.

When you stop making albums and continue touring, you become a greatest hits novelty/nostalgia act.

Dont get me wrong, if that is the best I can get, I'll take it... but I'd rather have new music...