1. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    Yeah interesting one that as I love NLOTH, but think there are two or three songs, that perhaps should have been left exclusively for Linear perhaps, which I also enjoy. I reckon Linear is Bono and Anton doing a little Wim Wenders. I love it, but know its not everyones cup of tea.

Maybe Fez, Cedars, White As Snow should have been left off, they are like the albums middle eight and kinda take the pace out of things a bit.

And I think I may have had Winter on NLOTH, and closed it with MoS (for me MoS is up there with the best of the best).

Whilst it wasn't too much of an envelope-pushing album musically (perhaps other than Fez-Being Born... Bono was definitely pushing the envelope somewhat as far as songwriting goes with writing stuff in third person in places. Maybe that's partially why it comes off as being a little disjointed in places.

For me the thing with NLOTH was it had some songs that could stand with U2's best songs ( Magnificent, MoS) along with some of their worst (Crazy Tonight, SUC. ) The rest of the album is pretty good, I quite like it ( especially Fez-Being Born. ) Album could have gone something like this:

Soon
    Magnificent
    Moment of Surrender
    Unknown Caller
    No Line On The Horizon
    Get On Your Boots
    Fez-Being Born
    White As Snow
    Breathe
    Cedars of Lebanon

Similarly, if it were up to me SoI would have looked like this:

Lucifer's Hands
    Invisible
    Every Breaking Wave
    Song For Someone
    Iris
    Volcano
    Raised By Wolves
    Cedarwood Road
    Sleep like a baby
    This is Where You Can Reach Me Now
    The Crystal Ballroom
    The Troubles

2. reply to pleasegone... agree with the thought of u2 releasing down the road some kind of deluxe edition or "box set" of their unreleased material. I am also a fan of the "boss" and loved that he put out a boxed set of his work never released before. I have often wondered why more artists dont do more of this now that b-sides are a thing of the past. A great gift for the fans that have supported them over their careers.
  3. Originally posted by cam:[..]

For me the thing with NLOTH was it had some songs that could stand with U2's best songs ( Magnificent, MoS) along with some of their worst (Crazy Tonight, SUC. ) The rest of the album is pretty good, I quite like it ( especially Fez-Being Born. ) Album could have gone something like this:

Soon
    Magnificent
    Moment of Surrender
    Unknown Caller
    No Line On The Horizon
    Get On Your Boots
    Fez-Being Born
    White As Snow
    Breathe
    Cedars of Lebanon

Similarly, if it were up to me SoI would have looked like this:

Lucifer's Hands
    Invisible
    Every Breaking Wave
    Song For Someone
    Iris
    Volcano
    Raised By Wolves
    Cedarwood Road
    Sleep like a baby
    This is Where You Can Reach Me Now
    The Crystal Ballroom
    The Troubles

Crazy to me that you don't include The Miracle.... that riff and those "oohs". COME ON...

Also I love this song because we hear about what made U2 excited in the way they make me feel excited.
  4. I think Im the only one in the world that loves Stand Up Comedy
  5. Make that two. I love Stand Up Comedy. Don't understand the hate for it.
  6. +1. I like it too, just like the whole album
  7. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    Crazy to me that you don't include The Miracle.... that riff and those "oohs". COME ON...

Also I love this song because we hear about what made U2 excited in the way they make me feel excited.
    To clarify I like the beginning of Miracle, he chorus and initial riff are great ... the song just doesn't go anywhere for me after that. It's not particularly inventive and it doesn't really offer enough intrigue. In that way it's rather average.
  8. Checking in on the Stand Up Comedy-love.
  9. Guitar work in Stand Up Comedy is what originally stood out the most to me. The lyrics paying tribute to Corinthians. I like the song as well.