1. The one ion the first half was a penalty, so one covers the other
  2. I don't want to talk about the Mexico vs. Netherlands D: as a Mexican it was BRUTAL. I can't, is it too soon to start drinking at noon?

3. Thank you, I was laughing while reading that. The South America bit was hilarious. People seem to ignore that also there is a Central America, which incidentally is where Costa Rica is located
  4. Originally posted by DerBFreund:[..]

Thank you, I was laughing while reading that. The South America bit was hilarious. People seem to ignore that also there is a Central America, which incidentally is where Costa Rica is located

There is nothing to laugh about. Do you consider the whole of Mexico as North America? It is geaographically wrong, Yucatan peninsule shouldn't be considered part of it (as it's part of the same geological formation than Guatemala and Belize), and North America should actually start at the isthmus besides Oaxaca and Veracruz (in the Bahía de Campeche). In fact, the United Nations consider the whole of Mexico as Central America: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoesquema_de_la_ONU Anyway, discussions aside, I think Genaro has earned his right to drink today. Mexico deserved it more than Holland in my opinion, but luck has gone with the oranjes the same as it went with Brazil yesterday.
  5. Keep reading in wikipedia and you'll find that most geographists locate it in North America and just a few locate a few Mexican states in Central America. Geopolitically Mexico is almost always talked as part of North America.
    Anyways, I was laughing at the thought of locating it in South America. Now that's something that is entirely wrong
  6. Originally posted by DerBFreund:Keep reading in wikipedia and you'll find that most geographists locate it in North America and just a few locate a few Mexican states in Central America. Geopolitically Mexico is almost always talked as part of North America.
    Anyways, I was laughing at the thought of locating it in South America. Now that's something that is entirely wrong

I know my facts, I don't have to read it anywhere But yeah, South America is totally wrong, nobody can discuss that I think.

I wonder how FIFA classiffies Mexico though.

PS. FWIW, just because "most X" think something, doesn't mean it's right
  7. Just coming back to life about now. What a suspense in the final minutes. So happy we're through. Costa Rica or Greece should not be a problem, though should not be underestimated.
  8. North America.
  9. They're part of the CONCACAF (Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football).
  10. Congrats Costa Rica!! Who thought we'd find them in the quarter finals? A lot of people probably thought they wouldn't even get a point in their group of death. Now this.
  11. We're spoiled as (neutral) football fans. 4 matches down, 2 penalty shoot outs and one match decided in the final minutes.