1. Radioactive has a cool intro. It goes downhill from there though.
  2. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01:Radioactive has been possibly the most overplayed song of the year. No, I'm not knocking it, but I don't want to hear it every five minutes.

Yeah it's really overplayed. Meanwhile, the rest of the album is very underplayed and underrated. And I really have to disagree with the statement that they don't have stage presence because they really do. When I first saw them, they were given a 20 minute block and they proved that night that they deserved so much more than that. I've been keeping track of their live performances and I think what people like about them is the energy they bring to the table.

I think right now they're doing everything right. The only question is will they be a one shot wonder or will they carry their unique sound into future albums. I can see that if somebody doesn't like their synth and obsession with drums, it'll be hard for them to like their sound. But then again, I think people need to shift away from the predisposed mindset that synth is inferior because artists are beginning to figure out how to use it quite effectively.
  3. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]And I really have to disagree with the statement that they don't have stage presence because they really do. When I first saw them, they were given a 20 minute block and they proved that night that they deserved so much more than that. I've been keeping track of their live performances and I think what people like about them is the energy they bring to the table.

Nobody said they don't have stage presence - only that the guy can't properly sing live (which I agree).
  4. So I'm going to revive this topic for the following reasons.

1) It seems like they are getting ready to release a new album
    2) They just performed at the World Cup stadium in Seoul, Korea as a part of the League of Legends World Championships that housed over 40,000 attendants and was streamed online to millions of people.

It's crazy that 4 years ago this group played at a small pub on my university campus with capacity for about a hundred people and now they're playing for millions at one of the largest events Korea has ever hosted.
  5. Back in the day I couldn't stand Radioactive nor the hype generated around this band and their first album, but I will admit I've grown to like Imagine Dragons quite a bit. They are playing the Mad Cool festival next week and I've been listening to them intensively these past weeks... They have a nice mix between modern pop (with hints of electropop and even hip hop at times) and more atmospheric, progressive stuff at times. I hear quite a lot of U2 (or, to be precise, Coldplay when they tried to sound like U2) in their music.

I can even stand Radioactive now , specially after reading on Spotify about the meaning of the lyrics and Dan Reynold's struggle with mental health, pills, addiction, etc.

Next week I'll judge for myself if they're that bad live