1. Ahh i feel like busting out the sydney show now, so many highlights that night.
  2. Probably the title track...but tomorrow it will be one of the others
  3. So hard for me to choose, considering the legendary performances of "Dirty Day", "DGPFYCC" "Stay" & "Lemon" from Zoo TV Sydney amongst others BUT... for me, it has to go to "Zooropa". It's my personal favorite from the album of said name and after waiting for ages was absolutely ecstatic when the band brought it out on the 360 Tour in Brazil. Vorsprung Durch Technik!
  4. I'm gonna step out of the train, ready to be bashed...

I don't think they made Zooropa true justice live.

It's a super awesome song and the simple fact that they decided to play it 18 years after its first (few) appereances is worth the praise, but if you analize the performances themselves they're not that awesome. Bono lacks vocal strength and the whole thing just feels a tad "not there".

PS. I would have loved to see it live, anyway.
  5. I feel the same, so despite the awesomeness of the album version of Zooropa, my vote is for Dirty Day.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:I'm gonna step out of the train, ready to be bashed...

It's a super awesome song and the simple fact that they decided to play it 18 years after its first (few) appereances is worth the praise, but if you analize the performances themselves they're not that awesome. Bono lacks vocal strength and the whole thing just feels a tad "not there".

I saw it live (and appreciated it) but you have a good point: The overall excitement in the crowd simply died during its performance. I think it would have worked much better in a more intimate setting as opposed to a stadium show that was full of casual fans.
  7. Zoorop was AMAZING LIVE. Although his vocals in South America were weaker than when I saw them in the states. The staging and mainly THE BAND is what made it so glorious. Being there in the venue I didn't notice Bono sounding weak at all. Although I think it's just that I caught them when they were on fire

I think Adam and Edge in particular are what I remember most about it, piercing my soul. (I hope they play it again although I really doubt it would ever come back without the claw)
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:I'm gonna step out of the train, ready to be bashed...

I can understand this perspective and respect it, as in hindsight I have similar drawbacks to Zooropa's recent performances.

Considering Bono's in his 50s, his voice isn't getting any younger necessarily. The more I keep listening to his vocals in bootlegs, his voice is really on and off on a regular basis: on some nights he can wow a crowd just by singing since his voice is very rested and other days where he'd have "a frong in his throat" and his voice naturally not as dynamic as before.

As for the audience, considering its mainstream core audience, outside the hardcore fans (such as myself), whose only reason for being in a U2 show are the hits, I'm not surprised that they didn't react as enthusiastically as they do with BD, Elevation and Walk On. Bring out a song such as this and everyone's unfamiliarity is apparent.

P.S. - Would LOVE to have seen it live.
  9. I would much rather see Dirty Day live than Zooropa. Just my two cents.
  10. Got to be Dirty Day for me

11. Seeing how they both have been performed in the past, +1.
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:I'm gonna step out of the train, ready to be bashed...

just hearing The Edge reproduce that riff is epic enough