1. Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1984-11-21 - Dortmund, Germany. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

Setlist

11 O'Clock Tick Tock
    I Will Follow
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    The Cry
    The Electric Co. / Amazing Grace (snippet)
    A Sort Of Homecoming
    MLK
    The Unforgettable Fire
    Bad
    October
    New Year's Day
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    Gloria

Comments:
    If we talk about november, one of the legendary shows back in the eighties was held in Dortmund, Germany. In 1984 U2 played a great show there for the Unforgettable Fire tour. The Dortmund show was it's Red Rocks show from the tour, very energetic, great performances and a great atmosphere. A great sounding audio and video bootleg are what comples the experiences. This is a real must-have.

Show Page
    1984-11-21 - Dortmund, Germany
  2. No seeders on the DVD... although there's a better DVD upgraded with the Fradoca remaster since a year back or something. I think I only have it on DVD right now... anyone else have it who would be able to upload it? (It's also on the other site)
  3. This is THE show that should have been released with TUF reissue. As grateful as I am that we have 10 of these songs (and the sound is exceptional) it is indeed a shame that we don't have "The Unforgettable Fire" and "A Sort of Homecoming."
  4. Originally posted by RUMMY:This is THE show that should have been released with TUF reissue. As grateful as I am that we have 10 of these songs (and the sound is exceptional) it is indeed a shame that we don't have "The Unforgettable Fire" and "A Sort of Homecoming."

Yes yes yes. This is one of the first bootlegs I had (as many other people, I think), and I have loved it since. Great performance. The proshot helps to bring up the personal rating, of course
  5. I didn´t liten to this show in years .... it´s good moment to listen it again !
  6. Ahh, great show. I haven't listened to it for a long time either.
  7. I didn't really view U2 as a "powerhouse" of a band pre-1987, until I saw this DVD. This changed everything for me, in terms of thinking about this era.

Will definitely give it a listen this month
  8. Great boot. I think it's my favourite performances of a number of songs, probably because of some of the camera work as well as the performances Sunday Bloody Sunday and Electric Co. are explosive. Bad is imperfect, but that's what makes it so phenomenal. It's so incredibly raw, probably one of the most raw performances I've ever heard. Freakin' nuts. Also 40 is awe inspiring (gotta love the spotlight)
  9. I've already said it once this month but I feel I have to say it yet again: Why the wouldn't include this show (CD or DVD) is beyond me. You'd think that Paul McG would have wanted it in there so he could jack up the price of the deluxe edition!

Anyway, thanks for posting this, Sergio. Although I have listened to this show many times (but not for a while) I have never watched it. I just watch IWF and it looks (and sounds) just great!
  10. You haven't WATCHED Dortmund!??!?! Dude, get 50 spare mintes and prepare to be a better man after
  11. Admittedly, I don't watch very much music - although I much prefer watching a concert as opposed to a promotional video (aside from EBTTRT, of course). That said, all I ever listen to anymore is live music. Songs from the studio just sound too "processed" for me nowadays.

Anyway, I will WATCH Dortmund asap.

For the record, it's been well over a decade (!) since I last watched Red Rocks - maybe even two!

Please don't ban me for this!