1. And the IOC is now considering withdrawing cycling from the Olympics?

2. Yeah, what a bullshit.

I think that in the last 20 years there were almost the same amount of doping cases in the athletics as in cycling.....
  3. We want to see them cyvling as hard as they can climbing mountains from 3000 meteres or more. Even with doping respect.
    Lance is still the champ.He trained a lot as was the first in 7 tours
    We don't want them see cycling aroud in the same speed as we can.
    I believe that doping is still the case in cycling.
    So go on with the show
    and let the race as hard as possible, and I will watch.
    Even there is dopinguse or not.
  4. Hmm, i honestly rather see mountains of 2500 instead of 3000 if that means that it is a FAIR game. You cant force dope upon everyone, its cheating and very bad for long term health.

Being a sportsman should contain fair play, we all scream bloody murder if a football player dives and I think using doping is worse.

Imho tolerating doping is the same as tolerating electric bikes, they are both unnatural enhancements.
  5. Anyone else here on Zwift? I'm loving it, especially since it's getting colder and wetter and the roads will be sprayed with salt = not good for the bike

Anyway, if anyone else here is on Zwift, we should ride together some day

6. Originally posted by dieder:Anyone else here on Zwift? I'm loving it, especially since it's getting colder and wetter and the roads will be sprayed with salt = not good for the bike

Anyway, if anyone else here is on Zwift, we should ride together some day

[YouTube Video]
    Have looked at it but the weather still hasn't gotten so bad that I'll avoid getting out on the road. It looks to be an awesome workout though but I'm usually just happy surviving the winter months with a few miles a week before being able to ramp it up again in March.

What's your setup? Which trainer and other kit etc?
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Have looked at it but the weather still hasn't gotten so bad that I'll avoid getting out on the road. It looks to be an awesome workout though but I'm usually just happy surviving the winter months with a few miles a week before being able to ramp it up again in March.

What's your setup? Which trainer and other kit etc?
    It's not only the weather, Zwift also saves a lot of time as these periods make it a lot harder to ride (shorter days, more time to clean bike after each ride etcetera) Since I picked up cycling again in August I reckoned it be sad to see all those efforts are gone by March/April.

I've been using it for two weeks now and I'm impressed by how much fun it actually is (see for example my Strava). It provides a great workout and the social/competitive parts add a lot to this. I'm using the Tacx Smart Vortex Smart together with my iMac and the iPhone app. Not the most expensive trainer but very good price/quality relationship. It is a smart trainer, so it can be controlled by the computer via ANT+ dongle, and thus provides the full Zwift experience. I'm using a trainer tyre together with my road bike, a Bulls Harrier+ (going for an upgrade in 1,5 years or so). The Vortex makes some noise (comparable to a washing machine), but my flatmates have indicated it's not troublesome luckily. It does really simulate a real life work out concerning fatigue etc. Of course it does not beat a real life work out, but it's perfect for periods when I do not have a lot of time and/or the weather is shitty.
  8. Completed my longest ride to date yesterday. 136 miles. Absolutely wrecked.
  9. watching this.
  10. Didn't know this topic existed, I love cycling.
  11. I used to do triathlons back when I was in college and I'm aspiring to train myself to get back into racing shape, so to see a topic like this is actually pretty cool.
  12. Also got a bike now, so when I get the chance I'll pop in here.