1. Midnight Rambler is definitely one of the highlights, if not THE highlight - according to my friends of course.

Nevertheless, some of those friends have pointed out that the guys lengthen the songs a bit too much, they jam for longer than neccesary, and it ends up seeming like they needed to fill more and more minutes to not play just a 90 minutes show
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:Midnight Rambler is definitely one of the highlights, if not THE highlight - according to my friends of course.

Nevertheless, some of those friends have pointed out that the guys lengthen the songs a bit too much, they jam for longer than neccesary, and it ends up seeming like they needed to fill more and more minutes to not play just a 90 minutes show

Hmmm I don't remember any lengthy jams, at least ones that ran too long. Maybe Satisfaction and Brown Sugar. They do an even two hours don't they? I can't imagine them doing an 8 minute Brown Sugar LOL
  3. They did 2h15mins the other day, same length as a standard U2 show, so it's not a big deal. When I saw the ticket prices and saw they were only doing 18-20 songs I freaked out, imagining 90 minutes shows... But >2 hours is acceptable
  4. Ah that's fine then I think haha. I saw them last year when they were doing 22-24 songs and pushing 2 hrs and 40 so I got lucky <3 and it wasn't as stacked with warhorses/classics as Europe seems to be getting.
  5. I love when the Stones jam though I feel like they don't overdo it like some other bands so I'm surprised your friends thought they went a bit much with it. hah
  6. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:[..]

Hell yes! They're amazing always, if the South American tour comes true I'm seriously going to go to to Mexico and see them lol and I've never been tempted to go out of my state for a show.

Why are you complaining about getting Rocks Off? That's a CLASSIC. Track 1 on Exile that's something to be happy about I think.

is it? I would have chosen Street Fighting or Like A Rolling without a blink over Rocks Off, I do not think its one of their best songs
  7. Saw them this week. Can't believe everyone raves about them. They were boring, uninspiring and completely lacking energy. The songs were extended into jams that went nowhere, and did nothing. They were just the same riff over and over in the jams. Quite frankly, I was so disappointed with them, I wish it was legal to ask for my money back.
  8. i thought they were great when i saw them a month ago, i was surprised how much energy they had for men of their age. Maybe they've lost some of it as the tour has progressed.
  9. I saw them Tuesday night and thought it was great! A slow building setlist that ended in hit after hit. Thought they represented their music pretty well
  10. Originally posted by dylbagz:Saw them this week. Can't believe everyone raves about them. They were boring, uninspiring and completely lacking energy. The songs were extended into jams that went nowhere, and did nothing. They were just the same riff over and over in the jams. Quite frankly, I was so disappointed with them, I wish it was legal to ask for my money back.

maybe your expectations were differents ... i listened a boot from the last shows and they are not bad for me .
  11. Sooo...was watching the X Factor tonight here, Keith Richards joined One Direction on stage, playing guitar for them