1. Originally posted by bushido529:Am I the only one who loves this movie? People complain about Star Wars 7 being all familiar and a remake, but Last Jedi took a way different direction and people are bitching about it for being too different. Like what do you want. They handled Luke perfectly. A hero with flaws. Kylo Ren was spectacular. Rey amazing. Poe kicked ass. Leia was emotional. Only thing that dragged was Finn's arc with Rose. Plus they wasted characters.
    Yet for how different it it it is also a rehash of Empire. I'm all over the place with this movie. Need to see it again.
  2. Originally posted by tkfiyah:[..] If you think these new films are any different in content or tone from the originals then you're kidding yourself.
    While I agree the nostalgia factor affects our judgement on the new work (both on SW and U2), I felt the tone was a bit cheaper in a couple of moments
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Near the end Kylo pushes Hux nearly doing a Hulk... And Hux himself all throughout the movie looked way too cartoonish to me

Still, like Kris, I need to see it again.

I didn't hate it, but there's a couple of things bugging me and not letting me fully enjoy it as I wanted.
  3. Like others...I'm gonna have to see it again. I saw it earlier, and to be honest I'm not sure what to think.
  4. It's better when you see it more. Thanks to Moviepass I can see it how many times I want.
  5. Just back from the cinema and I loved it

Think we will see it once more after Christmas

6. After a second watch, I agree.

* The second time I didn't find the humor bits as distracting as the first time I saw it.

* I still think the Snoke killing scene has too much talking "...oh... he's grabbing the lightsaber... he'll turn it on... he'll kill... his real enemy!... oh, who would that be?!" but overall is acceptable.

*The light-jump scene to pierce the ship in two is amazing. The absolute silence is impressive; sure it helps that this time the theatre kept its silence instead of several "wow!"s that I heard the first night.

*The first time I couldn't tell what the movie was about at the end of it... it was a NLOTH sort of mess, a bit slow here, cringy there, and the track list all over the place. This time I tried to focus on what the arc of the movie was, and it was better, but I still think it's a bit of a mess. It lacks cohesiveness, with several smaller arcs glued together. For instance...

*The whole final act, the battle in the salt planet... if it was an album, probably I would've skipped it. While I was watching it I wasn't really excited about the idea of watching that whole sequence, specially because the movie seemed to have a nice climax with the previous scene (the whole light-jump/escape + Kylo/Rey + Fin/Phasma). If it was an album, the battle in the salt planet was a bonus track, and that's why Bono keeps saying that "it's great, but it didn't fit in the album".

*This time that my mind was more clear about the "big picture", I was able to "enjoy" more Luke's death ("enjoy" in a cinematographic way).

*I thought Leia should've died in this movie. I think they should've had a chance to kill the character in post-production, based on my zero experience and knowledge on the field. But still I think it would've been better for the movie, and way more emotional than Han's or Luke's deaths.

*Another scene with too much talking, when Luke vs Kylo... Poe starts talking... "wait... he's doing it for a reason... he's... listen to this... he's... buying us time!... see?... he's really smart... so... we can escape... I think I'm gonna keep talking a little bit more to explain the scene... and this way we can waste a bit more of the time Luke is buying us..."

*But overall, yeah, I liked the movie now that I saw it again.
  7. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

After a second watch, I agree.

[...]
    *The light-jump scene to pierce the ship in two is amazing. The absolute silence is impressive; sure it helps that this time the theatre kept its silence instead of several "wow!"s that I heard the first night.

[...]
    LOL
    someone a few chairs away said "boom!" ...which was kinda awkward in a very silly way...especially for that few chairs away...
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    LOL
    someone a few chairs away said "boom!" ...which was kinda awkward in a very silly way...especially for that few chairs away...
    Hopefully you'll get a total silence on the second watch. It really is impressive.
  9. It's being widely slated on a large film chat group I am part of...have not seen it myself
  10. When this thing you're talking about happened the guy next to me literally started crying
  11. I don't visit this thread often, but I'm a HUGE star wars fan, like, seen the films hundreds of times, read tons of novels, comics, watched the clone wars series twice, now rebels - kind of huge star wars fan

I saw the new movie once, and felt super conflicted about it.

Saw it again yesterday, and I couldn't have been happier with it. I love it.
  12. A scene that I liked and hated at the same time:

Luke teaching Rey what the Force was.

Hated it because of the cartoonish "reaching-out" joke, that one was one of the worst moments of the movie.

But after that, thank God Luke didn't went down the midichlorian route to explain what the Force was, and instead managed to get a nice moment on the film.

A side note:
    One of the most exciting seconds in life is when you're at the movie theatre and right after reading in silence the line "a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..." the first note of John Williams' impressive theme blasts at full volume.