1. oh, mixed that up with glendalough!

and thanks!

2. Revisited some pics from the workfloor last year. Here's a part from the penguin squad.
    The small one is a male, the others female's.

3. Momma taking a well deserved rest from her chick and enjoying some Ice flakes. (They love lying down in them and eating them so hence the multitasking )
  4. My current dilemma:

Which camera do I bring on Wednesday? I'll be in the RedZOne again.

Sony RX10 with 24mm-600mm lens, f2.4 lowest
    or
    Nikon D5100 with Sigma 35mm f1.4 ART DG HSM lens
  5. I suspected you were thinking Glendalough, Kilmacduagh is somewhat off-the-beaten-track. If you do come back it's well worth checking out, the round tower has a noticeable lean and is the tallest in Ireland
  6. Beautiful picture here, i love animals a lot.
  7. glad you revisited those pics, jd! man, those penguins are cute

@phil, you plan on getting close to rail in redzone? I'd think the nikon would serve you nicely re b-stage shots.
  8. Originally posted by phil_lebo:My current dilemma:

Which camera do I bring on Wednesday? I'll be in the RedZOne again.

Sony RX10 with 24mm-600mm lens, f2.4 lowest
    or
    Nikon D5100 with Sigma 35mm f1.4 ART DG HSM lens
    You stay close to the stadium? Able to go back and exchange cameras?
    You even have time in Red Zone to put the camera in a locker if it doesn't work out.
    So try the big gun, if it doesn't work out you have to enjoy it for the full 100%
  9. Originally posted by flowerchild:glad you revisited those pics, jd! man, those penguins are cute

@phil, you plan on getting close to rail in redzone? I'd think the nikon would serve you nicely re b-stage shots.
    I was close to the rail in Philly, so shooting for the same outcome in NJ. I think the Nikon is the way to go to, and then I could enjoy the main stage show without worrying about pics.

On Thursday I'm in the 200 section, so will definitely use the Sony for that.
  10. Originally posted by flowerchild:glad you revisited those pics, jd! man, those penguins are cute

Thank YOU for the tip on lightroom. Chuffed
  11. trying my hand on street photography (I find this most interesting next to concert photography, with wildlife as a runner-up), here are some of the results with the sigma 60mm.

find the rest here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/147549896@N05/