1. Hi there.

I was surfing through an old DVD I did as a backup of important and rare U2 stuff looooong time ago, and I have found this. A partial soundboard of the 2005 Madrid show, consisting sadly of just City Of Blinding Lights, Zoo Station and Vertigo#2. The audio quality is very good, although there is a slight peak distortion at some points (static interference? volume error? wrong conversion settings?). It's enjoyable anyway, specially if this was your first show and it took place on your birthday

This was sent to me by a moron I used to have as "friend", although he ended up revealing himself as a bastard. He hoarded with this recording as long as he could and was always reluctant to share even short samples with anyone, so this is dedicated to him. Screw you, dear

Download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dyu14d17ngrgqda

I wanted to share this with you and at the same time I wanted to make a REQUEST. I am fairly sure that a full SBD source of this show exists, but it hasn't surfaced yet. If any of you has any info, or even better, the full source, would you be so kind to share it?

Thank you very much
  2. Want me to link to it over on U2T?
  3. It would be a pleasure. Thanks
  4. thank's
  5. merci !!!!!!!
  6. Emm, Sergio, comment from someone who really knows his stuff on U2T:

"The alleged "soundboard" tracks listed as Madrid 2005 are definately *NOT* a soundboard fyi. I'm listening to it now and it is merely a good audience recording...the crowd screams near the taper give it away."
  7. This is not a soundboard, this is some kind of matrix

Your personal opinions of the person you got this from dont give you the right to share recordings you dont have permission to share
  8. i love the fact that being an hoarder makes the guy that gave you these a bastard ... congrats on your absolute respect for the tapers ...
  9. Originally posted by JulienLosslessi love the fact that being an hoarder makes the guy that gave you these a bastard ... congrats on your absolute respect for the tapers ...

I didn't say the man was a bastard because he hoarded with the recording, please double-check my sentence. The guy is a bastard for other reasons, not worth or fair explaining here, and not all of them related to U2 or the trading world.

@u2rulesmyworld, this guy didn't record this tracks, and a lot of people have them because they were publicly shared long ago over U2EastLink. So no problem on sharing them, I think.

@Mr_trek, I might agree on Zoo Station, it definitely sounds like an audience recording because of the screamers, but COBL and specially Vertigo sound like a soundboard/matrix/whatever-but-not-audience, at least to my ears. Maybe I'm absolutely biased and my ears are betraying me, though.

10. I absolutely appreciate your efforts Julien but I think it would be rather useless (sounds like a kind of masochism to my ears, sorry) to ask here for any respect for tapers. I didn't want to ascribe this attitude to everybody here - but in general there is a kind of this feel left. - no one will have the guts to tell you this of course. If any respect / gratitude it would last for the maximum of 5 min after they have downloaded a show and then asking for more and making a spectacle of themselves.

In general it would be expected that you share your recordings approx. 10 min after the recording (I recommend a laptop with wireless internet to do this) was finished, but you will still get complaints by e.g. some drunkards, who enjoyed the shows the way they like it, why you wouldn't have recorded the whole tour in multiple IEM feeds / AUD and share them all for free.
  11. Originally posted by karlheinzu2[..]

I absolutely appreciate your efforts Julien but I think it would be rather useless (sounds like a kind of masochism to my ears, sorry) to ask here for any respect for tapers. I didn't want to ascribe this attitude to everybody here - but in general there is a kind of this feel left. - no one will have the guts to tell you this of course. If any respect / gratitude it would last for the maximum of 5 min after they have downloaded a show and then asking for more and making a spectacle of themselves.

In general it would be expected that you share your recordings approx. 10 min after the recording (I recommend a laptop with wireless internet to do this) was finished, but you will still get complaints by e.g. some drunkards, who enjoyed the shows the way they like it, why you wouldn't have recorded the whole tour in multiple IEM feeds / AUD and share them all for free.

My opinion as someone pretty new in this whole thing is that this description fit pretty well when i first came in a year ago. Now your description actually fits U2torrents better than U2start though.

And I really love how you ignored Sergio/LikeASong's post.
  12. I don't think any of it is a soundboard. Not to my ears anyway.