1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Haha yeah good point... Although I wonder if Moncton would have been as packed if it was in the middle of the tour instead of the final night. Thousands travelled from abroad!
    Of course it would, it was the most successful tour of all time and they pretty much sold out every venue they played on that tour.
  2. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    It probably would have been. We don't get many big shows out this way. At that point in time there was typically one big show in Moncton and one in Halifax and all of the region goes. AC/DC, Stones, McCartney. They managed to pull in some huge names for these events over the years. It's the summer thing to do. Of course people typically wait until the week of the show to buy tickets, so the rain may have dented numbers a bit...but I'm pretty sure had more tickets been available at showtime, after the rain stopped, there would have been more people at the show.

(Moncton was as close as the band have ever gotten to playing where I live. I live about two hours away, but went to University just a few minutes away, and it was Moncton where I would have bought Achtung Baby the day it came out...)

You said it! So unreal!! I’ll never get over how amazing it was!