1. Surprisingly cheap. I'm about to change my booking of a cozy house in Artane for this one, just for the sake of being THAT close to the stadium!!!
  2. Is this sign still there?

3. What a sight
  4. Lovely! I really miss this place!
  5. Strolling through Killiney Bay is now going to have a whole new meaning after being mentioned by Bono in Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way ♥

6. Would love to come back to this place and see them play here but for now I’m happy to have ticked Dublin off my list of destinations to visit. Haven’t done everything possible on the U2-related list but have seen enough to be satisfied. Particularly enjoyed a tour of the Windmill Lane Recording Studio. While not the original building where the earliest albums were recorded, it was still awesome to experience first-hand where U2 and many other legendary artists have recorded. Very likely the one and only time I’ll ever get to be in a recording studio.
  7. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[image]
    Would love to come back to this place and see them play here but for now I’m happy to have ticked Dublin off my list of destinations to visit. Haven’t done everything possible on the U2-related list but have seen enough to be satisfied. Particularly enjoyed a tour of the Windmill Lane Recording Studio. While not the original building where the earliest albums were recorded, it was still awesome to experience first-hand where U2 and many other legendary artists have recorded. Very likely the one and only time I’ll ever get to be in a recording studio.
    Ohhhh nice How did you like the city itself (besides the U2 connection)? Did you also move around the area and go to Bray, Malahide, Killiney, Howth, etc?
  8. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[image]
    Would love to come back to this place and see them play here but for now I’m happy to have ticked Dublin off my list of destinations to visit. Haven’t done everything possible on the U2-related list but have seen enough to be satisfied. Particularly enjoyed a tour of the Windmill Lane Recording Studio. While not the original building where the earliest albums were recorded, it was still awesome to experience first-hand where U2 and many other legendary artists have recorded. Very likely the one and only time I’ll ever get to be in a recording studio.
    Wish I had known you could do that tour when I was there last month! So cool!
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Ohhhh nice How did you like the city itself (besides the U2 connection)? Did you also move around the area and go to Bray, Malahide, Killiney, Howth, etc?
    I’d describe it as a city of contrasts as there’s plenty of beautiful old buildings but also a lot of ugly, empty and graffiti covered buildings. Along the quays too there are often historic stone buildings sitting beside modern glass and steel towers. Walking the streets I’ve been surprised at how many non-Irish voices I’ve heard; tourists and migrants seemed in the majority. Unfortunately I haven’t got out to further areas but we are heading off on a 3 day trip to Galway and the Cliffs of Moher.
  10. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]
    I’d describe it as a city of contrasts as there’s plenty of beautiful old buildings but also a lot of ugly, empty and graffiti covered buildings. Along the quays too there are often historic stone buildings sitting beside modern glass and steel towers. Walking the streets I’ve been surprised at how many non-Irish voices I’ve heard; tourists and migrants seemed in the majority. Unfortunately I haven’t got out to further areas but we are heading off on a 3 day trip to Galway and the Cliffs of Moher.
    Yeah! I don't have precise figures but I'd say a big % of Dublin inhabitants are not Irish at all. There's a lot of Spanish speaking people (mostly from Spain, Argentina and Mexico) and also a lot of people from Eastern Europe and Middle East. And obviously, with tourism being its pivotal activity, there's a shitload of tourists too!

There's also a lot of contrasts between the north side and the south side of the city.

Galway is lovely and Moher is impressive, so you'll have a blast. Enjoy If you have a chance to go to the Ross Errilly friary or the Trá an Dóilín beach, do it