1. For me anyway, the start of encore two kinda sucks. Definitely not in line with the rest of the show.
  2. ...oh but I see they performed "Driven to Tears" with Stink.
  3. yep, with stink
  4. Ok well my shows are over unfortunately.

After last nights amazing show I expected another epic evening. This simply was not the case .

First off , I was a bit surprised at all the repeats from N1, the first 12 songs performed half were played N1 . 11 total repeats....that's way too many ,especially for a N2 in NYC . So this obviously took some of the juice out of the show for me , and I'm sure many others who attended N1.

For instance why play Small Town , again , when u have a classic like Daughter ? Makes no sense as PJ are well aware that many fans are attending both shows and they have so many great tunes to choose from.....

How about Dissident , STBC and Not For You over Jeremy Evolution and GTF ???

The positives, Cheap Trick jumping onstage for Surrender was awesome . As was Garden Leash and Deep , all were just fantastic .

The negatives , the repeats and the LB tunes . For instance, Sirens absolutely killed the flow of the set . I have never witnessed that building go from being so elated to dead so quickly ... The end run after was fantastic though .

E 1 ...Hide Away and All or None were very good , but what's with Pendulum ? Talk about a cmon man really moment ...terrible spot .

PT , Breath and SOLAT were easily the highlight run of the show , at least for me . STBC should have followed, but nope , the band quickly jumped into Porch , ending what seemed like a very rushed encore to me . After N1s fantastic encore I guess I just expected more .

E2 was ok and rather average ... Last Kiss I can do without ...Driven To Tears was a nice surprise especially when Sting came out . LB (AGAIN) in E2 no less ... terrible spot , the show needed a classic there... this absolutely killed the encore

Sonic Reducer ,Alive ,Baba ,Yellow Led ...decent run to close , but all very predictable tunes right there

With that being said , still a very solid show ,no question ....I guess I just went in with my expectations too high ....

N1 - Epic
    N2 - Very Good
  5. Originally posted by KieranU2:This is how the set will start tonight:

Small Town
    Last Exit
    Spin the Black Circle
    Not For You
    Tremor Christ
    Nothingman
    Whipping
    Corduroy

Well I was badly wrong. Never predicting another Pearl Jam set again
  6. Another fantastic show. A bit too many repeats IMO though. I really think 4 in 5 days is too much for them . Especially when you're playing at the level these guys do. I think that had a lot to do with the safe set. Encore 1 was amazing. I'm actually glad they pendulum , my first of this tour. Loudest Baba I've ever heard before. Incredible.

My only real complaint is LB in encore 2 both nights. Cmon, smile would be perfect there. I'm surprised I haven't got last exit this tour but whatever. Anyway, I'm shot. Can't way to see them at Fenway.

Ranking

Philly 2
    MSG 1
    Hampton , philly 1 tied
    MSG 2

7. Too much for them or too much for you?
  8. Them. It's a lot dude. They should of took a day in between the MSG shows. Not complaining though
  9. That's why I'm kind of happy that there should be a day in between the two Toronto shows.

Hopefully they are, too. (I'm sure they'll be comped Heat/Raptors tix.
  10. I can't stop thinking about the last 5 days. Wow. Incredible stuff
  11. I guess early August may seem like a long time from now but at least you'll have something to look forward to - and those shows will indeed be pretty cool/epic.